Photo: A boat with your name on it, Coron, Busuanga Island.

Philippines forum

Philippines

Posted by millionario on 4/9/2009 at 08:11

Hello dear admins,

Why no Philippines in the Forum as a destination ? As far as I know, it's in Southeast Asia too... and a wonderful destination.

Let me know if you intend to cover it.

Regards!

#1 millionario has been a member since 22/6/2004. Posts: 25

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/9/2009 at 09:16 admin

Good point -- I'll rustle up some posts and get one started later today -- are you based in Philippines? I've never been there so if you'd be interested in putting together a short FAQ on the place, let me know and I'll drop you a line by email.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by millionario on 4/9/2009 at 09:21

Really ? Then you have to visit us anytime soon :) It's sad because the country doesn't get any good press compared to its neighbours, still it has incredible tourism value and also is very easy and cheap to travel.
I'm based in Manila and would help with any contribution, feel free to email me when you can.

Regards,

#3 millionario has been a member since 22/6/2004. Posts: 25

Posted by BruceMoon on 4/9/2009 at 09:28

Stuart

I'd also like to see material evolve on the Philippines.

My wife & I were chatting about SE Asia the other week and we concluded that as Thailand (and to a lesser degree, Vietnam) have been the flavour of the decade, both Indonesia and the Philippines have become off the beaten track for many. And, because of same, we are even more interested to spend time in the far(er) flung provinces. That said, more information on the less developed regions of Indonesia and the Philippines would really be appreciated.

Cheers

#4 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by millionario on 4/9/2009 at 09:35

I second Stuart. Except a few places (Boracay, Cebu, and Palawan to a certain extent), most of the Philippines 7000+ islands are off the beaten track.

#5 millionario has been a member since 22/6/2004. Posts: 25

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/9/2009 at 16:04 admin

Am going to lock this post off and direct Q&A on this to the new Philippines section -- otherwise we'll end up with a long kinda unfocussed thread.

Philippines forum is here

I cut and spliced some of the messages from this into a new thread that I noted as started by boxee -- hope you don't mind -- just a bit more useful now!

#6 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

This discussion has been locked by a moderator.