Philippines forum

Philippines

• millionario

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2004
    Total reviews: 15

Hello dear admins,

Why no Philippines in the Forum as a destination ? As far as I know, it's in Southeast Asia too... and a wonderful destination.

Let me know if you intend to cover it.

Regards!

#1 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 08:11

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Good point -- I'll rustle up some posts and get one started later today -- are you based in Philippines? I've never been there so if you'd be interested in putting together a short FAQ on the place, let me know and I'll drop you a line by email.

#2 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 09:16

• millionario

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2004

Really ? Then you have to visit us anytime soon :) It's sad because the country doesn't get any good press compared to its neighbours, still it has incredible tourism value and also is very easy and cheap to travel.
    I'm based in Manila and would help with any contribution, feel free to email me when you can.

Regards,

#3 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 09:21

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Stuart

I'd also like to see material evolve on the Philippines.

My wife & I were chatting about SE Asia the other week and we concluded that as Thailand (and to a lesser degree, Vietnam) have been the flavour of the decade, both Indonesia and the Philippines have become off the beaten track for many. And, because of same, we are even more interested to spend time in the far(er) flung provinces. That said, more information on the less developed regions of Indonesia and the Philippines would really be appreciated.

Cheers

#4 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 09:28

• millionario

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2004

I second Stuart. Except a few places (Boracay, Cebu, and Palawan to a certain extent), most of the Philippines 7000+ islands are off the beaten track.

#5 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 09:35

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Am going to lock this post off and direct Q&A on this to the new Philippines section -- otherwise we'll end up with a long kinda unfocussed thread.

Philippines forum is here

I cut and spliced some of the messages from this into a new thread that I noted as started by boxee -- hope you don't mind -- just a bit more useful now!

#6 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 16:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.