Cameras and travel photography forum

The Best Digital Camera for Wildlife Photography

• urbantango

Joined Travelfish
    7th November, 2010

I found this post on the Latin Lounge about the FZ38 digital camera. Having read this I went out and purchased one for my trip to East Africa. Thoroughly recommend this camera for the money and the performance.

#1 Posted: 11/11/2010 - 20:46

• Advertisement

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

yup, it certainly is. With a relatively fast lens opening at f2.8 and spans till 4.4 at the telezoom end is quite incredible. The ultrazoom range of 18x make life easier for travellers, a single package lens without the need to horde along 2 or 3 lenses as SLR. Travel and photography can never be separated.
    It has a sharp lens too, built by Leica. As most people know Leica produces some very good lenses, crisp and sharp.

I love this camera, been with me for a year. Its marketed under the model DMC FZ35 in Malaysia.

#2 Posted: 11/11/2010 - 23:08

• he

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2010

Hello TUK TUK , going to HONG KONG airport , on my way to BKK , i am planing to get a Panasonic COMPACT TMC TZ 8 camera , do you know anything about guarranty I shall get for it , a one year or 2 years international guarranty for the camera ; are cameras of good quality at the airport as good as in Singapore ??
    a few years back , some cameras were made in Malalaysia , compare to made in China , is quality there ??
    thanks for your answer

#3 Posted: 14/12/2010 - 18:15

• ahmoimoi

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2011

Hi he...camera is cheap in Malaysia and sometimes you get those which are made in Japan.Just make sure it comes with international warranty.I had a friend who resides in USA and he bought a laptop made in Malaysia hehe

#4 Posted: 22/1/2011 - 23:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sokleng repair digital camera & Camera video House address #57, st 49, sangkat phsar tmey III, Phno ... By sokleng on 16 Nov 2013 0 623 16 Nov 2013
Digital Photography??? ... By morganmontana on 28 Apr 2006 2 2682 2 May 2006
digital camera ... By helenenvoyage on 8 Nov 2006 6 3722 15 Dec 2006
Buying a digital camera in Bangkok!!! ... By Ingrids on 24 Oct 2009 17 13483 1 Oct 2011