Cameras and travel photography forum

Photo sharing sites

• 4015c

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2006

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a particular site for photo sharing for my upcoming trip. I have never used one and don't know anyone who uses one so any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks. JP

#1 Posted: 30/12/2006 - 02:04

• Advertisement

• itsallaroun-
    dyou

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2006

Google's Picassa software works well and is free if you have a Gmail account. You can check it out by going to google's home page then clicking the "more" button above the search bar, then the "even more" button. Picassa is in the right hand column.

Let me know if you need help getting a Gmail account (its an invite only type of thing, so anybody with a Gmail account can invite you).

Good luck!

#2 Posted: 30/12/2006 - 02:11

• bunny

Joined Travelfish
    2nd July, 2006

hi jp!

i used yahoo photos this summer while we were wandering around southeast asia for a couple months and it worked great! i already had a (free) yahoo email account, so i just added a (free) yahoo photo page. it was easy to downloaded photos whenever i found a fast internet connection at a cafe (or whenever my photo card was getting full). downloading the files, then rotating and even naming the pics was usually quick and easy. the yahoo service also makes it easy for you to just send a link to your friends/family and they can view your pics whenever they like. (i really liked that part, as my kids were back in the states for their summer visitation with their dad, and i really wanted them to be able to see the things i was writing them about.) if you are concerned about the learning curve of using a photo service while you are paying for internet cafe time, why not try one (or several) out beforehand? for yahoo you just got to www.photos.yahoo.com. i hope that helps, and that you find a great solution that works for you! ~bunny

#3 Posted: 2/1/2007 - 09:46

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Yo JP,

PBase are pretty good, check them out here: http://www.pbase.com/

#4 Posted: 2/1/2007 - 16:29

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Wholesalesoccer thanks for bumping up this 4 year old thread but please could you buggar off now.... where's the spam button?

Nobody has mentioned copyright issues with photo-sharing sites. Are there any free (or cheap) ones that allow you to share pictures without them giving themselves the right to use your best ones if they feel like it?

#5 Posted: 15/4/2011 - 16:45

• samuijimmy

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2011
    Location Canada

To answer SBE's comment.....

Picasa on Google gives you options, as how to share... private or public etc.... I would think Yahoo's Flickr is the same...

You can set up a Google account, without an "invite" just set up an account.... then download Picasa free! Excellent Free program.... you then just link to your Google email.... easy!

I find Yahoo has too many flashing ads and very annoying....

Easy once you learn how ... not too difficult to figure out..... and tons of space.... for your pictures!

#6 Posted: 9/6/2011 - 11:03

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

If you put pics up...people can and will steal them if they are good. Such is life. But there are ssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooo many online what are the odds really? A few here and there?

#7 Posted: 11/6/2011 - 15:38

• shintai

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2011

Flickr and Google Picassa are good to use photo sharing sites, access to this sites can be set to private or public.

#8 Posted: 14/12/2011 - 20:47

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Snapfish.

#9 Posted: 5/3/2012 - 08:38

• mariajames

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2012

You can analysis it out by traveling to google's home page again beat the "more" button aloft the seek bar, again the "even more" button. Picassa is in the appropriate duke column.

#10 Posted: 26/11/2012 - 09:44

• Advertisement

• davidally

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2014

Slickpic.com, Smugmug.com are good uses for photo-sharing site. It's also free site. You can easily access these sites.

#11 Posted: 15/7/2014 - 04:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.