Photo: On the road to Pindaya.

Cameras and travel photography forum

Waterproof Disposable Cameras

Posted by Phiddy on 14/12/2011 at 16:01

Are waterproof disposable cameras available in places like BKK, Chiang Mai, Vientiane and other big cities across SEA? I plan on taking a few with me rather than buying an expensive digital waterproof camera for times when it isn't really practical to use my expensive camera (such as when in the sea). I'm not a professional or anything so I'm obviously not too bothered about image quality (in fact there is something I like about the way pics taken with disposable cameras come out). Obviously taking a load with me in my bag would be too bulky so I would like to buy some along the way.

Also, on a related note, I might take just hand luggage, so I wouldn't be able to take things like scissors etc. with me - are swiss army knives (or the equivalent) available in bkk?

Ta

#1 Phiddy has been a member since 1/12/2011. Posts: 64

Posted by goonistik on 14/12/2011 at 20:58

Yes. You can victorinox swiss army knives in BKK.

http://www.victorinox.com/ch/content/store_finder;jsessionid=A8BFE0075A8E560A1F632FBD8270A119.vxhyb30_hyb2

Wenger's rep is
Krungthai Defence Co., Ltd.2/45 Burapha road, Wangburaphaphirom, Phranakhorn
10200 Bangkok
Thailand

Leatherman has a dealer in Thailand as well.
http://www.leatherman.com/find-store/int.asp?country=THAILAND

You can find China copies for much less.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by Phiddy on 19/12/2011 at 06:08

Thanks for the reply, that will come in really handy when I'm in BKK

Can anyone answer my question about the waterproof disposable cameras? If they are not available in BKK I will just have to buy a couple from boots before I leave. Not a massive problem, they are a bit bulky is all.

#3 Phiddy has been a member since 1/12/2011. Posts: 64

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.