Cameras and travel photography forum

Waterproof Disposable Cameras

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

Are waterproof disposable cameras available in places like BKK, Chiang Mai, Vientiane and other big cities across SEA? I plan on taking a few with me rather than buying an expensive digital waterproof camera for times when it isn't really practical to use my expensive camera (such as when in the sea). I'm not a professional or anything so I'm obviously not too bothered about image quality (in fact there is something I like about the way pics taken with disposable cameras come out). Obviously taking a load with me in my bag would be too bulky so I would like to buy some along the way.

Also, on a related note, I might take just hand luggage, so I wouldn't be able to take things like scissors etc. with me - are swiss army knives (or the equivalent) available in bkk?

Ta

#1 Posted: 14/12/2011 - 16:01

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

Yes. You can victorinox swiss army knives in BKK.

http://www.victorinox.com/ch/content/store_finder;jsessionid=A8BFE0075A8E560A1F632FBD8270A119.vxhyb30_hyb2

Wenger's rep is
    Krungthai Defence Co., Ltd.2/45 Burapha road, Wangburaphaphirom, Phranakhorn
    10200 Bangkok
    Thailand

Leatherman has a dealer in Thailand as well.
    http://www.leatherman.com/find-store/int.asp?country=THAILAND

You can find China copies for much less.

#2 Posted: 14/12/2011 - 20:58

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

Thanks for the reply, that will come in really handy when I'm in BKK

Can anyone answer my question about the waterproof disposable cameras? If they are not available in BKK I will just have to buy a couple from boots before I leave. Not a massive problem, they are a bit bulky is all.

#3 Posted: 19/12/2011 - 06:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
disposable waterproof camera, pros and cons? ... By Tomhamish on 19 Feb 2011 12 6314 7 Apr 2011