admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I wouldn't normally post something like this in the forum, but it's starting soon and when Jonathon Taylor sent it over, it struck me as a particularly good deal -- even if you don't have the time for the full course.

I know Taylor personally and can vouch for his ability as a photographer, though I've not had the time to do one of the courses myself... It is on my list though!

Acclaimed Bangkok-based photographer Jonathan Taylor of Photography School Asia is running a month-long photography workshop in Bangkok that may be of interest to all you budding photographers surfing around on Travelfish.

Tuition for the full course comes in at US$500 -- those who are not available to study for the whole period can join on a casual basis for US$150 per day. Classes will run in Bangkok from 3pm to 8pm, Tuesday to Friday. The month's workshop itinerary of classes will be posted in advance.

The Photography School Asia Workshop Club is available for all level of photography students, with the concept being it is a "pop in" learning process. As a photography student, you attend just the classes you're interested in and if you miss a class you'll be able to attend it again as Taylor will run each class more than once.

Students will be given private and group assignments to do in their own time and there will be group critiques held each evening. The Club is designed around the students and the lesson plans will be as flexible as possible to make sure students can get as much out of the month as possible. Some private assignments and individual critiques will also be assigned by Taylor, who'll also be available for private lessons should you be interested.

All students will have the opportunity of private time with Taylor throughout the four weeks either in the afternoon or early evenings.

So what makes this different to a standard photography course? Each month will be structured around the individual student's needs, making this a very similar concept to the classes Taylor runs with his private students, but with the flexibility to fit in with your needs.

Group Workshops include

Basic camera operation
    Learn to use the camera on manual, aperture priority, shutter priority, flash photography, tripod photography, depth of field, light metering.

Composition Techniques
    Framing, movement, abstract and art photography.

Location photography
    Street photography, lifestyle, nature and architecture.

Documentary photography
    Feature photography, choosing a story, finding a narrative, editing and selling commercially, presentation techniques, photojournalism.

Industrial standard photoshop and lightroom techniques will also be taught.

For more information, see the Photography School Asia website.

Disclaimer: Travelfish may earn a commission should you book one of these courses.

#1 Posted: 13/12/2007 - 13:32

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Photography Workshop in Cambodia-Phnom Penh ... By klinkphoto on 27 Sep 2013 0 743 27 Sep 2013