Cameras and travel photography forum

Video camera + internet cafe's

• rsthomas

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2008

Hey all!

I am going to be documenting my trip via HD Video Camera. The camera stores the footage directly on it's internal drive. It can shoot up to 7 hours before needing to be cleared. I will need to be connecting my camera to computers in Southeast Asia at the cafes in order to download my footage. I wanted to know if anyone has done this type stuff and if it is fairly easy to do at these cafes. Also, is there an online video storage site that you can recommend? Thanks so much!

Ross

#1 Posted: 24/7/2008 - 23:53

• Advertisement

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

There's no shortage of internet cafes in the big (or even smaller) cities these days, and connecting a video camera via USB or a memory card reader should be no problem. However, uploading your (HD) videos will probably take a very, very long time from most places, as many, especially in places like Cambodia or Laos, have (slow) ADSL connections. Also, they might want you to pay extra for large uploads.

Out of the places Travelfish covers, Thailand obviously has the fastest connections and cheapest prices.

#2 Posted: 25/7/2008 - 00:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sokleng repair digital camera & Camera video House address #57, st 49, sangkat phsar tmey III, Phno ... By sokleng on 16 Nov 2013 0 758 16 Nov 2013
Internet Cafe in Koh Phayam? ... By danceswithrose on 13 Oct 2010 1 1701 24 Oct 2010
Internet Cafe in Yangon ... By hsoa on 18 Apr 2011 1 2069 6 Aug 2011
Koh Chang Travel Agent Internet Cafe ... By jekko on 22 Feb 2009 0 3403 22 Feb 2009
Beachside Tour Agency & Internet Cafe on Koh Chang Island, Trat ... By CocoDeeBo on 7 Sep 2007 0 3371 5 Jul 2009