Photo: On the road to Pindaya.

Cameras and travel photography forum

Wolverine Photographers Backpack: the best photography backpack ever

Posted by think87 on 7/3/2009 at 08:00

Purchased this Wolverine Photographers backpack last year. It holds up to 1 15.4 inch notebook in the back, 4 lenses and 2 cameras in a customizable bottom section, as well as a top sections for clothes and the like. Also holds tripod and much more. Used it on my last trip and wouldn't take anything else.

check it out here.

#1 think87 has been a member since 5/3/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 116
 Website 

Posted by beachgirl on 25/4/2009 at 11:12

Hi think87,

I'm looking at the same pack and was wondering if you found it too heavy to carry around once it was "loaded up"? Some of the reviews I've read have said that while it is great for packing stuff in, the problem is once it's full it's very uncomfortable to walk with for prolonged distances. I know I could just put less in, but I's prefer to go with just one one bag. Was this the only bag you took?

Thankyou!

#2 beachgirl has been a member since 25/4/2009. Posts: 8

Posted by think87 on 25/4/2009 at 13:10

Well from using the bag, if its packed full It can be heavy but the waist straps relieve much of the weight. However a female freind of mine tried using it and her being a petite 5'5 105lbs soaking wet, it was way to heavy for daily use. So i would say it is a heavy bag empty and if it has a laptop, camera, lenses etc, after a while you would start to feel the weight of it on your shoulders.

point being it fits everything a backpacker with an ear towards photography could want, however that comes with the cost of a heavy bag that gets the job done.

So if your fit and able to carry it its well worth it, but it is a heavy bag non theless.

#3 think87 has been a member since 5/3/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 116
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/4/2009 at 13:32 admin

Hi Beachgirl,

I think think87 is on the money on this. The more you put in the pack, the heavier it gets! If you're worried about how heavy it is, perhaps look at two bags -- one like the one above and a second, smaller bag that you can use for perhaps some of the camera gizmos you won't be using on a daily basis.

It does look like a good pack though -- we'll be adding a write-up on it shortly in an upcoming new bit of the Travelfish site.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by think87 on 25/4/2009 at 22:49

I would also like to add that the bottom padded compartment can be removed. ( see customer added photos from link in first post )

essentially making it one really big backpack with a secret laptop compartment. so even for those not going to carry a SLR camera and 3 lenses, it is still the bag i would recommend. when i bought mine they were 159.99 at amazon. with them now only 99.99, when this bag goes im going to buy another one. ( and who knows when that will be, not a single stitch is worn after a thailand and japan trip. )

all in all your paying for a high quality pack geard towards photography that will last years, not just paying for a brand name.

I have a 15.4 in laptop that fits but a 17in imho would not fit.

#5 think87 has been a member since 5/3/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 116
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.