Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

place to shop in Singapore

• almira

Joined Travelfish
    27th June, 2010

hi, i will be heading to SG this july and i would like to know where the best place to shop. i don't really shop for branded and expensive clothes. i look for affordable and in-fashion clothes. anyone know a place, drop a line. thanks! :)

#1 Posted: 27/6/2010 - 11:09

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Try these:

- Far East Plaza for trendy fashion and accessories, lots of Japanese and Korean street-style stuff here
    - Bugis Junction has the usual mall shops, but also some small boutiques and kiosks selling locally-made stuff and it's right beside Bugis Market where you can get cheap, trendy tshirts for $10 SGD
    - "This Fashion" is a popular Singapore chain selling really cheap but trendy Chinese clothes for women. They have locations all over the city (often near subway stations!) but the biggest one is at the end of Orchard Road near Doby Ghaut MRT station.

#2 Posted: 28/6/2010 - 01:47

• peter007

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2010

Well, in my opinion dozen malls and shopping complexes are crammed into a few short blocks of shopping district here. You'll find top shelf fashions at Tangs; department stores like Robinsons & Co. at Centerpoint. Specially the Mustafa centre at serangoon rd. why?? because they have almost everything there and at really reasonable prices. Good luck dear!!!!

#3 Posted: 6/10/2010 - 13:43

• piranha

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2010

what about the electronics.

#4 Posted: 4/12/2010 - 18:08

• piranha

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2010

almira what you like to do apart from shopping.

#5 Posted: 8/12/2010 - 20:15

• Ryvyan

Joined Travelfish
    24th April, 2011

Be careful when you buy electronic goods at Sim Lim Square. Plenty of scams happening to tourists so do your homework before you attempt going in there.

I'm Singaporean and would rely on a friend who knows the place well before attempting to bargain over there.

#6 Posted: 24/4/2011 - 20:56

• lovetravel1-

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

For more affordable clothings I suggest: Far East Plaza and Bugis Village. Best to visit singapore during our Great Singapore Sale (GSS) as discounted items are up to 80%.

#7 Posted: 23/5/2012 - 22:53

• michaelmark

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2012

The Shopping places in Singapore range from big shopping malls, departmental stores to street side shops, street markets and small shops and stalls. The big shopping malls you can negotiate with the prices but in small shops yes you can. Try to visit Orchard Road & Bugis Village for happy shopping :)

#8 Posted: 6/6/2012 - 02:56

• jems28

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2012

There are many shops but these are very expensive.
    Thanx

#9 Posted: 20/7/2012 - 04:23

• SEADragon

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2012

Compared to other countries in the region, Singapore is probably not the best place to shop if you are looking for clothes. The prices are significantly higher (like 10x) what you can find in the surrounding countries. I also find that althought there are many luxury brands and shops, it is quite difficult to find something trendy, of good quality at the reasonable price.
    The only good part is that the GST is only 7%.

Regarding electronics, check the prices, I found that the Apple products are much cheaper in Malaysia thanks to the Apple exchanges rates policy and tax rates. If you plan to shop in Singapore and don't want to take too much risk you can go to Funan Mall. It's "easier" than Sim Lim and you will find plenty of cameras and other electronics for a reasonable price. Happy shopping.

#10 Posted: 15/12/2012 - 00:01

• Advertisement

• robinwhite

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2013

For shopping, Singapore is not a best place. I mostly try to prefer online shop because they provide equal rates for all countries and home delivery and many more services.

#11 Posted: 15/1/2013 - 17:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Where to shop Kuala Lumpar or Singapore ... By erbi3285 on 25 Nov 2008 8 10151 29 May 2011
Solo Traveler to singapore (Female) Eat, sleep, see, shop info. ... By antarathokchom on 3 Jun 2014 0 269 3 Jun 2014