Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

Singapore is Doable

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

I have heard a lot about Singapore being so expensive from folks and I am always stunned by that. As a Tokyo/New York dweller who just returned from Miami and L.A. I find Singapore quite affordable once you work out accommodation. Many people on their SEAsia trips may think it is expensive after Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia etc. But if you plan accordingly, and you are from the above mentioned cities or any big city in Europe of the States I don't see the problem. Coming from Tokyo to Singapore a couple of years back I found it not only affordable in comparison, but the absolute best Asian food I have ever had was there. The quality of the Thai and Malaysian and other regional foods was even better than some in those countries. There are many of those who have emmigrated to Singapore, set up shop, and are benifitting from the higher standards and quality of ingredients. It is getting better year by year. Nightclubs and bar laws have been loosened and there is more to do than Orchard road and the night Zoo. There is actually a bit of wildlife in western parts of Singapore such as the MacRitchie Reservoir area. Don't sleep on Singapore. It is more than worth a few days of fine food, local folks, and a bit of a clean at the end of SE Asia.

#1 Posted: 5/4/2011 - 11:35

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.