Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

Any Recommendations for Singapore Accommodation? ($200 or less)

• JenHarley

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2011

My partner and I are staying in Singapore for 3 nights on our way home from a 5 week trip in SE Asia. Keen to stay at a nice, clean hotel (or hostel) with a really good location (preferably a pool too!).
    We are looking to spend up to $200 (singapore dollars) but keen for anything cheaper!
    Any ideas? We've been on the internet for days trying to find a place but its proving difficult.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,

#1 Posted: 2/1/2012 - 23:31

• Advertisement

• wanderlust4

Joined Travelfish
    4th September, 2011

hello Jen, $200 for a hotel will definitely mean you need to stay out of the town area. Try checking out those in the Bugis/Lavendar area. Budget hotel chains like Fragrance hotel http://www.fragrancehotel.com/main/ should be within yourbudget.

You have a better bet at central location if you don't mind staying in hostels. Five Stones Hostel (fivestoneshostel.com), Beary Good Hostel (https://www.abearygoodhostel.com/)or Rucksack Inn (http://www.rucksackinn.com/) are worth checking out as they are really central (save heaps on expensive transportation and time). They are also top rated hostels so you won't be disappointed.

#2 Posted: 13/1/2012 - 03:47

• lovetravel1-

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

Try checking out this hotel: Hotel Re! http://www.hotelre.com.sg/index.html. worth for the try. I'm impressed on the fancy design in retro style hotel in the central parts of Singapore, Chinatown. Is a 7 minutes walk to the hotel. I paid 148 SGD (not inclusive of service and tax) consider reasonable hotel price for Singapore.

#3 Posted: 23/5/2012 - 22:59

• michaelmark

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2012

There are many hotels in Singapore you get in your budget. However before proceeding check for your requirements. I have some hotels name which offers the less price you can check them out. Royal Plaza on Scotts (Orchad), Swissotel Merchant Court (River Side),Siloso Beach Resort (Sentosa), Orchad Parade Hotel (Orchad), New Majestic Hotel (China Town), Swissotel the Stamford (Marina Area), Orchid Country Club(Seletar).

#4 Posted: 6/6/2012 - 02:45

• Rusi15

Joined Travelfish
    31st October, 2012

Hello there is one good apartment / condo renting out house with swimming pool for $70 per night when is your stay at singapore

Very near to Changi Airport
    10min wallk to ECP Beach
    20min bus to any part of the city
    Foodcourts / Restaurants

#5 Posted: 31/10/2012 - 05:50

• naikman

Joined Travelfish
    26th September, 2012
    Location Australia

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Royal Plaza on Scotts and were looked after really well. The bus to all of the attractions picks you up right out the front (just ask reception for the timetable) and within the Far End Plaza (directly across the road) you will find a really small little restaurant that does some of the best Hainanese Chicken I have ever tasted. Level 5 of the plaza if I remember correctly near the escolators. The MRT station is only a very small walk away as well.

#6 Posted: 31/10/2012 - 19:38

• Katty

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2012

Not sure if you have checked out Agoda or not but plenty on there under $200, I stayed at the hotel below, it's
    $12 over your budget but a really good hotel and the bus stops right out the front, plus courtesy bus as most have anyway, nice spot on the river and a nice spot on the River, has a pool and good buffet breakfast, friendly staff. Enjoy your stay wherever that may be! http://www.agoda.com/asia/singapore/singapore/riverview_hotel_singapore.html?asq=bvatKTkHKc79qzK%2bvvxpouNMfxko87mgPq45uiMVYmyEg5e6uzWNzCVrQfqWT6OfdhtJcxrNUNnjjePdZWOpWLviDQLlxoCtrHc5S5wXLJGOIttwZeblzgq2KpNJb6UQhs154E0eKjkfrYdbw7QWy7Y9ouxIwfyQdFOLj11TEf6DrJ%2f1SrZ7xjiiVXl7Q2Aj

#7 Posted: 28/1/2013 - 03:50

• freiburger

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2012

You can also check the Value Hotel Thomson on Balestier Road, not the Value Hotel Balestier!

It has a roof top pool, nice rooms, but a little tiny but clean and comfortable. But forget the breakfast, it has some nice cafes around and a really good hawker center. The city is easy to reach by bus. It was very convenent for us. Not really central but within 15 minutes by bus!

And if you get sick from A/C, there is Thomson Medical with 24/7 service right on the other site of the street :-)

#8 Posted: 28/1/2013 - 14:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Accommodation Recommendations ... By BaznChaz on 19 Nov 2007 4 2513 1 Jan 2008
Accommodation Recommendations-Various Locations ... By littlemisstypeA on 29 Dec 2008 1 1647 29 Dec 2008
URGENT - Any recommendations for accommodation in Pai? ... By nathandjen on 5 Jul 2009 10 4468 11 Nov 2009
Any Accommodation recommendations for Full Moon?? ... By hupourdat on 18 Mar 2009 1 2301 19 Mar 2009
Accommodation recommendations Bangkok and ko pha ngan ... By slow_mo on 12 Jul 2011 9 2455 15 Jul 2011