Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

7 Precious Days

• SusiQ81

Joined Travelfish
    28th January, 2012

The limitations of an annual leave allowance mean that I will only have 7 days to spend in singapore/indonesia on the way back from a trip to Sydney.

The plus side is that we have the money to jump on planes and are happy to give over a day or two to some hard core travelling (all part of the fun) to make the most of this little time. Also ideally want to rough it and spend as little as poss when we actually land somewhere. Any recommendations of where and how to go gratefully received.

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 28/1/2012 - 06:10

• Advertisement

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada

If you want to make the most of seven days I would limit it to one country...or part of one country. A cool place to spend the week could be Sabah, Borneo. A quick and cheap air Asia flight to Kota Kinabulu from Singapore. You can spend the night here and fly around Sabah with Air Asia. See Mt.Kinabulu (great view from the top!), Sandakan (Sepilok and turtles), kinibatangan river (river and jungle trekking) and Mabul Island (fantastic snorkeling and diving).
    This itinery is even optimistic! You might have to just pick 2 or 3 places in Sabah depending on what you want and are able to do.
    I'm sure you'll get plenty of other opinions but I really enjoyed my time there. You can make it as rough as you like!
    The Miso Walei home stay on the Kinibatangan River will allow for a very short taste of rural life and the opportunity to see wild orangutans.
    Good luck!

#2 Posted: 28/1/2012 - 06:48

• iChappers

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2012

If you're looking to come to Singapore it is still possible to do it on a budget. Local food is cheap (and very tasty), public transport is cheap and efficient and there are plenty of Backpacker hostels such as http://pow.com.sg/ who have places in two tourist areas in Singapore. They also do food and drink on the premises although due to one being in Little India you are going to want to get out and sample the local food! I think a dorm room is around S$20-S$25 (that's Sing Dollars). Plenty of other options too....

#3 Posted: 13/2/2012 - 20:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.