Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

week-long getaway from Singapore?

• leland

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2011

Hi all,

Perhaps not the right forum, but I'll be in Singapore for work in October and I'd like to take a week afterwards for me. But that said, I have no idea where to go... Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Beijing, etc. Ok, not Beijing. Haven't seen the great wall yet, but not this trip.

I'll be traveling solo, mid-30s guy. I'd like some good beach time, the chance to do a couple of scuba dives, some good food and decent nightlife. Sites and hikes ok, but not necessary. Budget is above backpacker, but not 5*. Above backpacker since I'll have a lot of work stuff with me so I'll need to either leave stuff in Singapore or go somewhere with not that much thievery (or a great safe).

So basically, what's nice and convenient and some good options for this kind of week that's adventurous but still easy to get to and manage? :) Aside from Bali I really don't know enough about the region. I'm thinking two places in a country might be good (like Manila plus island), but don't mind spending the whole week in one place.

#1 Posted: 3/9/2012 - 02:18

• Advertisement

• leland

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2011

Bumping up to see if any replies. My trip is now 5-6 days. I'm thinking of Bali or Thailand based on flights. Would love some itinerary tips.

Thanks!

#2 Posted: 28/9/2012 - 01:44

• SEADragon

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2012

Hi Leland,

Check this website: www.tripinasia.net to find your destination. You can filter the destinations by month (to avoid the mansoon), minimum duration (if you only have 2 or 3 days or more), theme (culture, beach, city, etc). In your case (sorry I believe it's too late) you can filter the destinations by October + beach. You will see that Pulau Sibu, Tioman or even Myanmar can be good options. Of course, Bali is always an option.
    Hope you enjoyed your trip

#3 Posted: 14/12/2012 - 23:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Bali - 5 day getaway from Singapore? ... By leland on 28 Sep 2012 0 801 28 Sep 2012