Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

Xanax into Singapore

• SaltwaterGem

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2013

I've been using this site for my trip and its been great thus far... Another question for you

I'm flying into Singapore, staying for a few days, then leaving to fly home. My doctor gave me Xanax because I have a serious fear of flying. Singapore has notorious anti drug laws and I'm scared of getting into big trouble over this little matter. I was told I should bring a signed doctors script but I don't have this... Just the normal prescription bottle that it came in. Any suggestions on how I should play this?

#1 Posted: 27/1/2013 - 23:49

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Ahhhh, Personally I wouldn't be worried -- it's not like a bottle of 6,000 pills is it? ;-) I'd be inclined to not hide it, just keep them in your toiletries bag and if they pick you up on it explain the situation and if it is a problem (and I'm not sure that it even would be) they'd confiscate them.

To be honest though, I'm not sure if Xanax is even an issue in Sg -- have belled our SG researcher and will report back.

#2 Posted: 28/1/2013 - 03:14

• SaltwaterGem

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2013

Thanks Somtam! You've been on the spot for every one of my inquiries. I'm doing a fairly 'typical' slew of stops on my trip but even so Ill be sure to share a trip report at the end of this thing

#3 Posted: 28/1/2013 - 03:17

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Ok asked our Sg writer and she said as long as is in a prescription bottle, shouldn't be an issue. If you're really worried keep your doc's number so they can call for confirmation.

Hope that helps - glad you're finding the site useful -- tell your friends :)

Cheers

#4 Posted: 28/1/2013 - 04:34

• Kananga

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2005
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

I've been bringing valium and xanax into Singapore for years now and had it prescribed in Singapore too. So if you have it in a prescription bottle you will be fine.

#5 Posted: 4/2/2013 - 01:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.