Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

Xanax into Singapore

Posted by SaltwaterGem on 27/1/2013 at 23:49

I've been using this site for my trip and its been great thus far... Another question for you

I'm flying into Singapore, staying for a few days, then leaving to fly home. My doctor gave me Xanax because I have a serious fear of flying. Singapore has notorious anti drug laws and I'm scared of getting into big trouble over this little matter. I was told I should bring a signed doctors script but I don't have this... Just the normal prescription bottle that it came in. Any suggestions on how I should play this?

#1 SaltwaterGem has been a member since 4/1/2013. Posts: 22

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/1/2013 at 03:14 admin

Ahhhh, Personally I wouldn't be worried -- it's not like a bottle of 6,000 pills is it? ;-) I'd be inclined to not hide it, just keep them in your toiletries bag and if they pick you up on it explain the situation and if it is a problem (and I'm not sure that it even would be) they'd confiscate them.

To be honest though, I'm not sure if Xanax is even an issue in Sg -- have belled our SG researcher and will report back.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,425
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by SaltwaterGem on 28/1/2013 at 03:17

Thanks Somtam! You've been on the spot for every one of my inquiries. I'm doing a fairly 'typical' slew of stops on my trip but even so Ill be sure to share a trip report at the end of this thing

#3 SaltwaterGem has been a member since 4/1/2013. Posts: 22

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/1/2013 at 04:34 admin

Ok asked our Sg writer and she said as long as is in a prescription bottle, shouldn't be an issue. If you're really worried keep your doc's number so they can call for confirmation.

Hope that helps - glad you're finding the site useful -- tell your friends :)

Cheers

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,425
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Kananga on 4/2/2013 at 01:02

I've been bringing valium and xanax into Singapore for years now and had it prescribed in Singapore too. So if you have it in a prescription bottle you will be fine.

#5 Kananga has been a member since 25/4/2005. Location: Thailand. Posts: 34

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.