Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

Got a case of crabs

• SaltwaterGem

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

Nah just kidding.

But I'm going to be in Singapore from the 10-12... So basically the first three days of Chinese New Year. This is probably not the best idea idea I've ever had but just trying to see it through. I didn't have very much I specifically wanted to do in Singapore, but I desperately want to get some of the infamous chili crab... But a lot of places will be closed. Can anyone recommend a place to go that should be open?

#1 Posted: 8/2/2013 - 03:36

• Advertisement

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

Even though it is new year here I think u will find lots of restaurants and bars open. Try heading down to Clarke Quay there is a great restaurant there for the chilli crab, or just jump in a taxi they will know where to take u

#2 Posted: 8/2/2013 - 04:17

• antoniamitc-
    hell

Click here to learn more about antoniamitchell
    Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2012
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 3
    Places visited:
    At least 39

A great many restaurants will still be open so you shouldn't have any problems (I was in Singapore for Chinese New Year in 2011, and barely noticed any change)

#3 Posted: 8/2/2013 - 13:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.