Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

Places to purchase furniture?

• brokencompa-
    ss88

Joined Travelfish
    26th July, 2013

Hi forumers, I would like to ask for some recommendations on where I'd be able to purchase furniture in Singapore. I will be working here for 2 to 3 years, so I thought that I might furnish my room a little as its quite bare now. I have been to IKEA and I've gotten several items, but where would someone go to get teak furniture, or furniture with traditional oriental design?

#1 Posted: 26/7/2013 - 04:39

• Advertisement

• CathyWeed

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2014

You can buy at Teak and Mahogany.

#2 Posted: 28/1/2014 - 02:03

• nathuy

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

I have heard you are about to work there, so I would recommend you the Singapore Furniture. It is advisable that you take a look at its products on the its website before actually come to it. Many models in this store could catch your eye at sight.
    Here is its website: http://www.singaporefurniture.com.sg

#3 Posted: 6/3/2014 - 00:48

• MercyB

Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2014

Hi!

Just wondering if some of you know a second hand furniture store in Singapore? IKEA is good but I hope to find a place selling more stuff with character...and hopefully on a cheaper price. Any recommendations will be much appreciated! Thanks!

#4 Posted: 25/3/2014 - 22:21

• Leadr1

Joined Travelfish
    9th April, 2014

I think IKEA will be more suitable to you because you will be here for 3 to 4 years.

#5 Posted: 9/4/2014 - 06:12

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

hi mercy , if your are looking for 2nd hand stuff craigslist sg and locanto sg is a good place to start , its where i kitted out my last place in singapore

danny

#6 Posted: 9/4/2014 - 22:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.