Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

Night Zoo

• archiebaby

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2007

Can anyone help me out with details on the night zoo. I dont arrive until 6pm, is that to late to go to the night safari? thanks

#1 Posted: 13/9/2007 - 05:38

• Advertisement

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

Singapore Night Safari website: http://www.nightsafari.com.sg/

opens at 19:30PM, closes at midnight.

#2 Posted: 14/9/2007 - 12:12

• solace2

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2009

Hmmm, its Ok if you want a night trip but I would advise the normal daytime visit, you'll miss a lot of things...

#3 Posted: 30/7/2009 - 08:11

• Rohan

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2009

The night safari and the day zoo are actually 2 different zoos, so you don't "miss" anything by going at night.

I haven't seen the day zoo, but I did do the night safari when I was in Singapore earlier this year. I thought is was great and highly recommend it. It was also a bit different from the usual zoo experience.

#4 Posted: 30/7/2009 - 08:48

• wwwsgminsuc-
    om

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2009

my personal opinion, 2 places not to be missed if u r on a short trip to Singapore are Sentosa and Night Safari

#5 Posted: 13/8/2009 - 12:32

• scottyheath-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    30th March, 2008

We went to the night zoo last year and would thoroughly recommend it. It was great to see the animals at night and some of them come really quite close to the tram type thing you go on. You can't take pics with a flash though - be warned, you'll get told off.

You might be pushing it a bit though if you only arrive in Singapore at 6pm. If you could get to the zoo by 8pm it would worth it.

#6 Posted: 1/12/2009 - 01:31

• SEADragon

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2012

If you have the choice, I would recommend the day Zoo. The night safari is also very nice. It's cooler and more comfortable to visit, however, I had the impression you cannot see the animals as well as in the day Zoo. The night safari is perfectly well organized with appropriate lights, etc but I don't know, it did not feel the same. I would not recommend you go to the 2 Zoos if you only spend a few days in Singapore. There are many other things to discover.

#7 Posted: 15/12/2012 - 00:13

• robinwhite

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2013

Night zoo at Singapore is wonderful and its good to see the animal at jungle at night.You can visit after 6 also.

#8 Posted: 6/2/2013 - 16:58

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

My biggest qualm with the night zoo was that it was so incredibly cheesy! You pretty much need to ride the tram to get around, and the spiel that the guides go through is absolutely cringe-worthy.

Having said that, it was still a good night out. But you've been warned! It's disappointing that you can't take photos too, but understandable from the animal's perspective.

#9 Posted: 6/2/2013 - 18:03

• jamesonaugu-
    st

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2013

oh i loved the night Safari. Been a number of times and a totally different take on visiting a zoo.

#10 Posted: 28/2/2013 - 07:30

• Advertisement

• ragbird

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2013

To rush from the airport to the night safari is a bit much I think. I would recommend the Zoo

#11 Posted: 7/3/2013 - 03:15

• johnno

Joined Travelfish
    18th December, 2009

If you really insist on seeing night wildlife in such a metro city like singapore go ahead. But in all honesty, I didn't feel it was a value for money. I'd recommend it if it was a lot cheaper just to pass the time but I think the day zoo gives a better value for money. If you're not concerned about the money, how about saving up for the real deal?

#12 Posted: 20/3/2013 - 01:35

• MellisaTurn-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    16th March, 2013

You can enjoy Zoo safari if you arrive after 6pm also. Night safaris are really fascinating and thrilling and you will enjoy a lot. Have fun !

#13 Posted: 21/10/2013 - 08:43

• brentwise

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2013

My spouse and i haven't viewed manufactured zoo, yet I did so complete the night safari after i was a student in Singapore previously in 2010. My spouse and i idea is had been good in addition to suggest the item. It had been in addition a lttle bit completely different from the usual zoo practical knowledge.!

#14 Posted: 4/11/2013 - 20:51

• nathuy

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yah, that would be the most interesting experience in Singapore. If you have never been to Night Zoo, I would suggest that you should take time to visit there

#15 Posted: 9/3/2014 - 20:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.