Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

Tiger air request onward flight ?

• Wilster

Joined Travelfish
    30th May, 2014

I am flying to Phuket from Singapore and plan to return by train. I will purchase the train ticket in Thailand.
    Will Tiger insist on seeing an onward/return ticket? I know they often request this, as it's a way they make extra sales.
    I'm an Australian passport holder living in the Philippines.

#1 Posted: 30/5/2014 - 07:24

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

It's unlikely. I haven't flown Tiger before, but have flown internationally within SE Asia on AirAsia quite a few times, and have never once been asked. I've only been asked on the long-haul flights INTO SE Asia (eg from New Zealand -> KL).

But having said that - there is always a chance that this one time they will check. It's a risk you take, but a small one. Sometimes, I print out a copy of my planned itinerary to have ready to show them my intentions, just in case. It's not 'official', but at least it indicates that you do plan to leave.

And if you really want to be paranoid, do some research the day before you leave to find the cheapest throw-away ticket that you can find just in case you are forced to buy one. But I doubt you would need to do this.

#2 Posted: 1/6/2014 - 08:36

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Hi!

Do you have a return ticket from Singapore back to the Philippines? Because if you do, that should be enough to satisfy the airline. You can explain that you will take the train back to Singapore. Though I can't guarantee they will accept your explanation.

#3 Posted: 1/6/2014 - 22:42

• Wilster

Joined Travelfish
    30th May, 2014

Thanks for your replies. I had no problem at all with Tiger, but Phuket immigration was asking people for onward flights.
    I just held my hotel voucher in my hand to look like it was a plane ticket, the officer asked for a look and just smiled and told me to proceed.
    I notice that a Jet Star asks for onward tickets in the past within SEAsia.

#4 Posted: 2/6/2014 - 09:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Proof of Onward Flight for Camb/Laos VIs ... By jendo on 21 Aug 2009 2 3866 27 Jun 2011
Proof of onward travel: use Ho Chi Minh-Seoul flight? ... By sunshine422 on 7 Feb 2012 0 1162 7 Feb 2012
Proof of onward travel: Ho Chi Minh-Seoul flight sufficient? ... By sunshine422 on 7 Feb 2012 3 1916 15 Feb 2012