Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

3 Days in Singapore - Must see attractions?

• Canuck101

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2014

My fiance and I are in Singapore for 3 days next month, and are staying near Chinatown .

Based on what we've read, we are looking to see the Zoo, the Aquarium and the Night Safari, as well as tour Chinatown and Little India.

Are there other must-see attractions, or other recommended sites? Temples and historical sites, or other highlights?

Our timeline is flexible, and and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

#1 Posted: 22/6/2014 - 16:33

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

There is this tour of the Baba house if you want to see the old Peranakan Chinese way of life.

http://www.nus.edu.sg/cfa/museum/about.php

http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/browse/see-and-do/culture-and-heritage/a-touch-of-history/museums/baba-house.html#

#2 Posted: 22/6/2014 - 20:10

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Sorry I missed this post earlier, but for others visiting Singapore, sipping a Singapore Sling at the Long Bar at Raffles was extra fun. After that, take a stroll around the hotel grounds. If you are lucky, you'll see a bride or two decked out in the gorgeous red wedding gowns worn locally.

I also thought the National Museum was worth a few hours. Cheers.

#3 Posted: 17/7/2014 - 10:12

• Saphir

Click here to learn more about Saphir
    Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2009
    Total reviews: 7
    Places visited:
    At least 57

Gardens by the Bay. Not to be missed!

#4 Posted: 27/7/2014 - 02:23

• GattinaRosa

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2014

Guess it depends what you are interested in!

My husband and I recently spent 5 days in Singapore. Our favourite places were the gardens - most of which are free.

Gardens by the Bay - lovely gardens near the marina. Free to walk around most of it - go in the evening to watch the Garden Rhapsody, a light and music show amongst the futuristic Super trees. You have to pay to go into the two conservatories - the Cloud Forest and the Flower Dome. $$28 (SPD) for both - initially we thought it was a bit pricey, but it was worth it.

Botanical Gardens - this is huge. We spent about 5 hours in it. Also contains the National Orchid Gardens - these were an extra $$5 (I think) but were really beautiful.

However ... If you don't like gardens.... Then these may bit really appeal to you!

#5 Posted: 11/10/2014 - 11:54

• Shreeya

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2014

Traveling is best idea to spent holidays...and even best spent in Singapore...this is an amazing place to be with family and friends...the friendly environment and best hospitality makes the holiday even more worthy but,the holiday is safer when we have an insurance to be relieved from all those obstacles we might face during our vacations. I have always been recommending for TRAVEL HEALTH INSURANCE...which is reliable to all those who want to spent their holiday without any tension. http://www.covomo.com

#6 Posted: 11/11/2014 - 08:27

• joney

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2014

Shreeya! After reading your post it seems youhave much knowledge about Singapore. Are you from Singapore if yes, and thenshare with me which is your ever best place to explore the country? I want togo there and looking for a worth visiting place in this region.

#7 Posted: 15/12/2014 - 06:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.