Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

3 Days in Singapore - Must see attractions?

Posted by Canuck101 on 22/6/2014 at 16:33

My fiance and I are in Singapore for 3 days next month, and are staying near Chinatown .

Based on what we've read, we are looking to see the Zoo, the Aquarium and the Night Safari, as well as tour Chinatown and Little India.

Are there other must-see attractions, or other recommended sites? Temples and historical sites, or other highlights?

Our timeline is flexible, and and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

#1 Canuck101 has been a member since 22/6/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by goonistik on 22/6/2014 at 20:10

There is this tour of the Baba house if you want to see the old Peranakan Chinese way of life.

http://www.nus.edu.sg/cfa/museum/about.php

http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/browse/see-and-do/culture-and-heritage/a-touch-of-history/museums/baba-house.html#

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by exacto on 17/7/2014 at 10:12

Sorry I missed this post earlier, but for others visiting Singapore, sipping a Singapore Sling at the Long Bar at Raffles was extra fun. After that, take a stroll around the hotel grounds. If you are lucky, you'll see a bride or two decked out in the gorgeous red wedding gowns worn locally.

I also thought the National Museum was worth a few hours. Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Saphir on 27/7/2014 at 02:23

Gardens by the Bay. Not to be missed!

#4 Saphir has been a member since 19/5/2009. Posts: 74
 Where has Saphir been? 

Posted by GattinaRosa on 11/10/2014 at 11:54

Guess it depends what you are interested in!

My husband and I recently spent 5 days in Singapore. Our favourite places were the gardens - most of which are free.

Gardens by the Bay - lovely gardens near the marina. Free to walk around most of it - go in the evening to watch the Garden Rhapsody, a light and music show amongst the futuristic Super trees. You have to pay to go into the two conservatories - the Cloud Forest and the Flower Dome. $$28 (SPD) for both - initially we thought it was a bit pricey, but it was worth it.

Botanical Gardens - this is huge. We spent about 5 hours in it. Also contains the National Orchid Gardens - these were an extra $$5 (I think) but were really beautiful.

However ... If you don't like gardens.... Then these may bit really appeal to you!

#5 GattinaRosa has been a member since 28/7/2014. Posts: 18

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.