Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

Hotel near Airport for one night

• sandiegobil-
    l2000

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2007

Can anyone recommend a hotel near the airport? We will have a short stay (arrive Tuesday 6:00pm and depart the next day at 9:50am. We're looking for a room for 100USD or less.

#1 Posted: 12/10/2007 - 03:06

• Advertisement

• TonyL

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2006

Apart from booking a room in the actual airport at about $US 60 for 6 hours I dont think that thee is any hotel close to the airport itself. Most unusual I know.
    Your best bet would be to book the "Singapore Stopover" package and you can get reasonable hotels plus airport transfer each way for about $US 60 per room. The only problem is that they tend to pick you up on the return about 3 hours prior to departure. I have used this package a few times and found it to be very reliable.

#2 Posted: 13/10/2007 - 08:53

• binderdoned-
    at

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2009

The new Crowne Plaza hotel is connected to Terminal 3. It's a bit more than $100, but may still be worth it if you save on transportation costs. Book in advance for better rates.

#3 Posted: 12/7/2009 - 07:04

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Best we could do at Crowne Plaza was $145 AUD. We decided to splash out anyway given that it is at the very end of a month long trip and the plane doesn't get in until 1am. We booked through Expedia.

#4 Posted: 13/9/2009 - 16:44

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

Could also try Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel, 10-min drive (expressway almost all the way) from Changi Airport. Slightly above USD100 incl taxes but there's complimentary shuttle bus to airport.
    http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-3610-grand-mercure-roxy-hotel/index.shtml
    Directly opposite Parkway Parade shopping mall with a hypermarket that's open till 2300 daily in case you need to pick up something, behind the hotel is a 2+ block stretch of food places with a few restaurants open till late or even 24H.

#5 Posted: 13/9/2009 - 21:55

• daveglt

Joined Travelfish
    3rd October, 2009

Hey guys, can anybody recommend any cheaper options? Landing fairly late then flying in the afternoon the next day

#6 Posted: 4/11/2009 - 04:57

• jensysmith

Joined Travelfish
    17th May, 2010

Thank you for the information

#7 Posted: 17/5/2010 - 11:43

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore

Hotels in Singapore are not cheap. It's a small place though, so you're never really that far from the airport.

The green line of the Singapore MRT (subway) runs to the airport, so places like Bugis Backpackers (http://www.bugisbackpackers.com/)near Bugis Station is cheap and about 30 min. away from the airport by subway. The subway fare is about $2 SGD and it runs approximately from 6 AM - 11:45 PM.

Fern Loft has 2 locations - one near the subway (Lavender hostel, ~25 min by subway to the airport) and one on East Coast beach (not near a subway station, but a ~15 min taxi ride to the airport). A dorm room is $20 SGD and a private room with shared bathroom is $60 SGD. And it looks like they're having a promotion for free one-way transfer to the airport. http://www.fernloft.com/

#8 Posted: 17/5/2010 - 15:45

• SunDown

Joined Travelfish
    5th August, 2010

Dont bother with getting a hotel close by, if you take the MRT you'll be in the centre of Singapore in no time! (if I remember its about 30 mins)
    Cant recommend any hotels as such as I've stayed at one single hostel when I was in Singapore so.

#9 Posted: 5/8/2010 - 02:26

• wiriya

Joined Travelfish
    26th May, 2011
    Location Thailand

Posted from within Vietnam.

Can anyone recommend a hotel ? We will have a short stay We're looking for a room for 30USD or less on 06/06/2011.Thanks

#10 Posted: 26/5/2011 - 10:33

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

@wiriya

I don't think you can find a hotel room at that price. Singapore is expensive.

#11 Posted: 26/5/2011 - 21:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.