Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

Big Travel Plans: Requires Help!

• Bian

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2008

Hi all,

My friends and I are planning for a trip from Singapore to Malaysia then Thailand then Cambodia then Vietnam and lastly a plane back to Singapore.

We are going on budget and prefer not taking the plane. However, we are not sure of the train services to use. Thus, we would require travelling advises like which route to take, what train/bus to take.

Tentatively, heres my plan .

Singapore to Kuala Lumpur (Settled - Train)
    Kuala Lumpur to Terengganu (Need Help)
    Terengganu to Bangkok (Need Help)
    Bangkok to Siem Reap (Need help)
    Siem Reap to Phnom Penh (Need Help)
    Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City (Need Help)
    Ho Chi Minh City to Singapore (Settled - Plane)

I'm hoping for travelling routes with details such as which train station to which train station, estimated cost and travelling time.

Websites or forums would help too!

Thanks =)

Bian

#1 Posted: 23/6/2008 - 15:00

• Advertisement

• princessdis-
    aster

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2006

Kuala Lumpur to Terengganu - catching the bus in Malaysia is probably one of the easiest ways of getting from A to B. A bus from KL to Terengganu is aprox 8 hours and cost about 29.60Ringit.

Departure Terminal : Kuala Lumpur : Hentian Bas Putra, Jalan Tun Ismail
    Phone : +603 - 40438984, +603 - 40449072

Arrival Terminal : Kuala Terengganu : Perhentian Bas Baru, MPKT Jalan Masjid Abidin
    Phone : +609 - 6238384

check out wikitravel for some help on Malaysia

#2 Posted: 26/6/2008 - 13:58

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Bangkok to Angkor is explained here

#3 Posted: 26/6/2008 - 16:53

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

I hope it isn't too late to throw in my 2 cents...

Kuala Lumpur to Terengganu: tale the bus from the main Puduraya bus station in KL.

Terengganu to Bangkok: this is quite far overland... you could take the bus across the border into the Thai town of Sungai Kolok and then catch the overnight train to Bangkok (~1200B for a 2nd class sleeper). Otherwise you could bus/train as far as Hat Yai and fly into Bangkok.

Bangkok to Siem Reap: Bus/train it to Aranya Phrathet and then take a taxi. It's really the only way to do it other than flying. A million places on Koh San Rd. sell bus tickets but a lot of them are pretty sketchy.

Siem Reap to Phnom Penh: the bus is cheap ($8?) and definitely the easiest way to go. The boat ride is more scenic but at least double the price, double the time, and accidents aren't unheard of.

Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City: If time isn't a huge issue, take the boat down the Mekong River from Phomh Penh to Chau Dauc, Vietnam. Chau Dauc is a sleep little fishing town in the gorgeous Mekong Delta and certainly worth taking an extra day for. From there a bus ride to HCMC is only 3 hours or so.

Have fun and remember to pack snacks/water for long bus rides!!

#4 Posted: 5/9/2008 - 14:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.