Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

Malaysia & Singapore

• MarkHall

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2008

After spending 12 weeks in Indochina i have 3 weeks to explore malaysia and singapore. I will be heading in to Maylasia from thiland planning on going down through Penang, KL and Melaka City before going to Singapore. This is partly due to the fact that i have heard the East coast in Feburary is very wet!! (as i would have liked to visit the perithian islands. Any reccomendations as to how i should spend my three weeks!??

Cheers,

Mark.

#1 Posted: 21/10/2008 - 21:14

• Advertisement

• jafatravel

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2008

You're right, east coast is very wet in February. The water is very choppy (heaps of people became sea sick when I took the ferry to Redang Island in during Feb).

I'd start at Langkawi, move down to Penang. Only If you have time, stop by Ipoh. But make sure you go by Cameron Highlands. Very different climate to the rest of Malaysia.

Unfortunately, I haven't traveled around south of KL so I can't help you there. But the bus from KL to Singapore is about 6 hours.

cheers
    Eddie

#2 Posted: 8/11/2008 - 14:23

• husun

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2010
    Location Japan

3 weeks will be too much honestly. I would suggest, travel by Road ONLY to see most part of the region. Kill your time during traveling. You can slowly move down from Penang , stay 3 days in Penang to discover the food, the Eco building, and move down to whatever province you desire.

But one province I would like you to Avoid, Johor Bahru. Go do a research why you must skip this place. And after the Malaysia stay, get a 4-5 days in Singapore. If budget allowed you, you can even planned a 1 week stay in Singapore.

#3 Posted: 29/10/2010 - 15:46

• Pearljhonson

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2011

Malaysia is a country of striking natural beauty situated in Southeast Asia, with some of the most superb beaches, mountains and national parks in the world. It consists of thirteen states that are divided into two geographical regions that are separated by the South China Sea.

Looking for cheap flights visit at: Cheap Tickets Online and Cheap Flights To London

#4 Posted: 26/8/2011 - 16:17

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Please dont stay one full week in Singapore. 3-4 days is plenty. Penang is amazing, give it a good 5 days despite what some people say, and longer if you want. If you are on a budget stay even longer as it is seriously cheap and the food is extremely good and cheap.

#5 Posted: 26/8/2011 - 18:19

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Penang does sound like a really interesting place and is on my list of places to visit actually.

#6 Posted: 26/8/2011 - 23:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
hostels in malaysia and train ride from malaysia to singapore ... By samtahir on 31 Oct 2012 4 903 2 Nov 2012