Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

Advice on the Madras hotels in Little India

• nodnroch

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2008

We are looking at a couple of nights in Singapore preceeding a longer trip in April with a larger group. The Madras Hotels look like good value hotels and we will probably stay at one or the other to work out if they would be suitable for the larger group (mostly teenagers).

Can anyone give comments on the benefits of the Tekka (original) versus Eminence branches? Things like facilities, closeness to transport, attractions nearby, food and other things available immediately around the hotel, general neighbourhood comments, anything that may make one a better choice than the other? I realise they aren't very far apart but we will have to choose between one or the other some way. We won't be staying for long (probably four nights maximum) and will be out seeing the sights most of the time. Things that we will be focussing on (at this stage, still planning) include Kranji / Changi, Discovery Center, Sentosa Island, shopping etc.

Appreciate your assistance! We have looked at the maps but without having a good knowledge of the layout of Singapore and the sights it is a bit hard to pick the difference.

#1 Posted: 23/12/2008 - 11:23

• Advertisement

• foieslinger

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2009

im curious which one you stayed at and if you liked it. my wife and i are heading to singapore in a couple of weeks

#2 Posted: 18/3/2011 - 23:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.