Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

proper bars in singapore

Posted by laallee on 16/5/2009 at 18:10

hi, we have a 2 night stopover in singapore. can anyone let us know which area we should head to for good relaxed bars. we are not big on the flashy hotel bars but prefer the more down to earth "proper" pubs!
thanks, lee.

#1 laallee has been a member since 27/4/2009. Posts: 46

Posted by limdq on 26/5/2009 at 14:12

Hi lee,

If you are looking for good pubs where lots of expats hangout, you can try The Penny Black @ Boat Quay. You can get there from City Hall MRT station.

Alternatively, you can try the pub chain called "Harry's". There are many outlets all around Orchard/Marina area.

If you want something more hippie, do check out Holland Village. It has a very laid back feel and lots of food and drinks there. You can get to Holland Village from Buona Vista MRT. Hope it helps.

#2 limdq has been a member since 4/4/2009. Posts: 7

Posted by laallee on 28/5/2009 at 17:43

thanks limdq
not long now!

#3 laallee has been a member since 27/4/2009. Posts: 46

Posted by limdq on 29/5/2009 at 13:41

No problem at all. I've been living in Singapore all my life so i'd be glad to provide you all the information (from a local's point of view) you might need. =)

Enjoy your stay here. And the weather is really really humid this time of the year!

#4 limdq has been a member since 4/4/2009. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.