Flag of Singapore

Singapore forum

proper bars in singapore

• laallee

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2009

hi, we have a 2 night stopover in singapore. can anyone let us know which area we should head to for good relaxed bars. we are not big on the flashy hotel bars but prefer the more down to earth "proper" pubs!
    thanks, lee.

#1 Posted: 16/5/2009 - 18:10

• Advertisement

• limdq

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2009

Hi lee,

If you are looking for good pubs where lots of expats hangout, you can try The Penny Black @ Boat Quay. You can get there from City Hall MRT station.

Alternatively, you can try the pub chain called "Harry's". There are many outlets all around Orchard/Marina area.

If you want something more hippie, do check out Holland Village. It has a very laid back feel and lots of food and drinks there. You can get to Holland Village from Buona Vista MRT. Hope it helps.

#2 Posted: 26/5/2009 - 14:12

• laallee

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2009

thanks limdq
    not long now!

#3 Posted: 28/5/2009 - 17:43

• limdq

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2009

No problem at all. I've been living in Singapore all my life so i'd be glad to provide you all the information (from a local's point of view) you might need. =)

Enjoy your stay here. And the weather is really really humid this time of the year!

#4 Posted: 29/5/2009 - 13:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.