Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

Help needed from people who have been to Singapore

Posted by shafiqrln on 9/6/2009 at 11:53

Hi...I'm a student in Singapore. I'm currently doing a project and my group have to find out the opinions of the bacpackers by conducting a survey.
Do help out. We greatly appreciate your help.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=6exr4gVMsK_2bl0RKd9E0YeA_3d_3d

Thank you

#1 shafiqrln has been a member since 7/6/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by BruceMoon on 10/6/2009 at 08:54

When I went to the link (always like to help students) I first thought it was a ploy to promote some guest house. Upon second reading, it's a group of students that are charged with researching a topic - the idea of using old accommodation for cheaper lodgings - as a way of retaining urban heritage.

Sadly, the way the questionnaire is presented leads one to think 'uh-oh!.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by wwwsgminsucom on 10/6/2009 at 11:59

somehow I missed the first paragraph when i first read, and the questions certainly sounded like somebody wanting to set up hostel and doing a survey on the hostel's market rate. u may want to rephrase ur questions for better response.

(me thinks) of course any sane backpacker would pick the lowest price available.

And instead of asking "how much r u willing to pay..."

maybe you should provide more info on the rooms and ask people :
1) "how much do you think they would charge for a room like this"
2) "would you consider renting it?"
3) "if not, why? Reason: ______________"

my 2 cents. cheers ^^

#3 wwwsgminsucom has been a member since 7/6/2009. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.