South Korea forum

Need advise for a ten day trip around Korea

• ongjoel

Joined Travelfish
    6th December, 2013
    Location Singapore
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Please help me to give advise for our next planed trip to Korea in 10 days. What is the main sites we should not miss, what the best hotel to stay in, but budget hotel and the room have a good views. Where to eat, when and where is the best point to go for the first visit

Thanks a lot for all your helps

#1 Posted: 6/12/2013 - 23:51

• Advertisement

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

I suggest Busan and Jeju Island. In Busan stay at Gwangalli Beach and on Jeju Island stay in Seogwipo. I can't suggest specific hotels but each town has their share of inexpensive love motels.

I don't care for Seoul very much, but since you'll likely spend some time there check out a DMZ tour.

#2 Posted: 7/12/2013 - 21:41

• cybermutiny

Click here to learn more about cybermutiny
    Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2013
    Location Thailand

Korea is not so much a "main sites" kind of place (compared to China or Japan, for example). However, if you really want to see the "main sites" then you would have to go to Seoul. There you can see Gyeongbokgung Palace, Insa-dong, Myeong-dong, Seoul Tower, Jalgalchi Fish Market, among other things. That said, winter can sometimes be unpleasantly cold in Seoul.

I would second mattocmd's recommendation instead. Busan is an excellent city and Jeju is a very unique island -- great to rent a motorbike or car (if you have an international driver's licence) and just cruise around this subtropical island checking out its many beaches and natural beauty.

#3 Posted: 10/12/2013 - 08:26

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Totally agree, cybermutiny.. Some of my best memories abroad were just cruising around Jeju Island on a motorcycle. The unique culture and natural beauty make for one hell of a ride. My friend and I did a circumnav of the entire island once. It took about 10 hours but we stopped a few times.

#4 Posted: 10/12/2013 - 11:39

• Terry001

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2014

I heard about Busan and Jeju Island its really nice place

#5 Posted: 10/4/2014 - 03:20

• Terry001

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2014

From Gyeongju, Busan is only a few hours away & assuming you'll fly back from Seoul, you can take KTX from Busan.

Personally, visiting Gyeongbokgung, bukchon etc all in a day would be tiring, as each area is huge if you want to really explore the place.

When I initially planned my trip, I was keen to hit up all the palaces & tourist spots but in the end adjusted my expectations due to weather, time & energy. My advise is to visit the place you really want to first, before heading on to the rest.

#6 Posted: 28/4/2014 - 06:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.