• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

What are your thoughts based on the research that you have done so far?

#2 Posted: 2/1/2014 - 04:15

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Give the guy a break, you sound like a teacher.

Just throw out a few names based on your experience (if you've actually been there), if not maybe don't bother responding.

My two bobs worth: Yala NP, Kandy (also Meemure), Galle, Colombo (despite a lot of people disliking it).

#3 Posted: 2/1/2014 - 04:44

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

China.... there have been a quite a few posts like this lately, in particular, related to India, and now Sri Lanka that I suspect are just wanna be spammers. There's a pattern to them if you watch - on both the questions and the responders.

No, I haven't been to India or Sri Lanka. My above response is not normally my style if you go back through my previous posts - and I do usually just ignore them. I was playing 'devils advocate' this time while still giving them the benefit of the doubt. If they can back with something specific to indicate that is was a genuine inquiry, they would more likely get helpful replies from people that have been to India/Sri Lanka. Also - it always helps if they can give a more general indication of what they are looking for. I'm sure you already know and understand that.

#4 Posted: 2/1/2014 - 18:02

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Fair enough. Although I thought spam was usually promoting something rather than just asking general questions. I agree it's a vague question but they can't complain then when you give a vague answer (as I've done).

#5 Posted: 3/1/2014 - 03:07

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Yeah, spammers are usually promoting something... but often they will make general posts first as they can't add links to their posts until after their 10th or 20th post or whatever. (Not sure what the rules are on that on TF). I was a moderator for a few years on another forum so just recognise the signs, like I said. And of course, I may have it wrong.

#6 Posted: 3/1/2014 - 09:29

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

lizzy is the finest kind. helpful, insightful, and generous with her responses.

i haven't been to sri lanka, although i'm fairly sure kuala lumpur is in malaysia, but maybe there are two of them. i'd love to hear more from your experiences china. sounds like you had a good time. favorite place? favorite food? general impression? thing(s) to avoid? cheers.

#7 Posted: 7/1/2014 - 17:54

• Zakh

Joined Travelfish
    25th June, 2014

Kuala Lumpur is in Malaysia, and no, there isn't one in Sri Lanka! My tuppence worth: Sri Lanka is a very interesting place to visit, varied things to immerse yourself in. If you're looking for hotels I recommend any of the Jetwing Hotels, they're the best.

#8 Posted: 25/6/2014 - 00:58

• thakachin

Joined Travelfish
    25th June, 2014

srilanka best destinations is Sigiriya / Polonnaruwa ancent city / Dambulla / kandy / Nuwaraeliya/ etc.

Sigiriya is a rock fotress. 473Ad build by king kashapa.that is world heritage site.
    Polonnaruwa is Ancent city in srilanka. there is 2nd capital city. most there have ruins in some kings constructions.
    Dambulla is cave temple. 168 step by climb temple.
    kandy was last capital city in srilanka. there have temple of tooyth relic. peradeniya botanical garden, etc.
    Nuwaraeliya is cool aria in srilanka. mountans there have. worlds end & hortain plains fantastic. i most like aria.

#9 Posted: 25/6/2014 - 09:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.