Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok to Koh Chang

• mellimoon

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2007

Hi, can anyone tell me the best way to get to Koh Chang (lonely beach) from Bangkok? I want to arrive as early as possible in Koh Chang, but i do have a hotel for the night in BKK so an overnight journey would be silly. So early-ish morning bus might be good. It's on a Thursday. Someone told me to either take the state bus or not to - i can't remember!

I really wanted to book a beach hut at Siam huts on lonely beach, but they dont answer their phone or respond to emails. If anyone knows how to contact them please let me know.

Thanks!

Ps setting off tom. for 3 weeks in VNM and a week in Thailand, can't wait!!!

#1 Posted: 17/3/2010 - 05:24

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

your best option is take the bus from the eastern (ekkamai) bus station in bangkok. buses run pretty much from 0500 or so in the morning. some go to trat, where you transfer to laem ngob and on to koh chang, but other buses will stop short of trat, where you catch a minivan to a different pier for the ferry ride to this island.

it is also possible to fly from bangkok to trat, but it is expensive and i'm not sure it saves all that much time for the money.

#2 Posted: 17/3/2010 - 06:06

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

agree with Exacto here. Last year we took the Gov't bus from Ekamai that left at 6.00am. Ended in our accommodation about 2.00pm that afternoon.
    Just remember to pack some earplugs as the Thai music videos are turned up pretty loud on the bus.

#3 Posted: 17/3/2010 - 06:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.