Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Hellfire Pass or train journey to Nam Tok?

• DaviPigg

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2010

Hello
    Can you help? We are going to Kanchanaburi for 2 nights. I want to see the Erawan Falls, a few museums in Kanchanaburi, Hellfire Pass plus take what I have been told is a dramatic train journey up to Nam Tok. Problem is, not enough time. What would you recommend the train journey or Hellfire pass?
    Could I take a tour that takes in all of these in my limited time?

#1 Posted: 17/3/2010 - 06:47

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi we had 3 nights there and really enjoyed it.The museums in Kanchanburi won't take up much of your time. I arragned a day trip to Hellfire pass via minivan which took in some falls not Erawan. They dropped of the fresh food at a roadside restaurant for our lunch.Spent the next few hours going through the visitors centre at Hellfire then a long walk along the pass etc.Very sobering place considering the lives lost. Almost 100,000 I think.Headed back to have a great lunch including TubTim a freshwater fish farmed nearby.Then headed to some freshwater pools for a swim and onto the train for the trip back to Kanchanburi. A long day but very memorable.
    The war cemetry in the town centre was imho better than the museums an is kept in immaculate condition.Two nights should see you squeeze in most of want you do.
    hope that helps.

#2 Posted: 17/3/2010 - 07:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hellfire Pass ... By BruceMoon on 2 Aug 2009 0 1222 2 Aug 2009
Motorbiking from Kanchanaburi to Hellfire Pass ... By husqvarna on 10 Nov 2009 0 1945 10 Nov 2009
Hellfire Pass to Nam Tok Station, Kanchanaburi ... By Lazer on 10 Jul 2013 4 2934 10 Jul 2013
Train pass? ... By mic59 on 25 Jan 2010 0 1173 25 Jan 2010
bus/train journey times advice ... By loafheaduk on 16 Apr 2014 5 438 18 Apr 2014
Thai Rail Pass... Unlimited train use for 20 days ... By think87 on 1 Oct 2009 1 3186 1 Oct 2009