Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

go to penang and thailand,,

• jemmy

Joined Travelfish
    16th March, 2010

i wonder to know about taxi direction,,plan to go penang on 15 april,,from penang international airport, how can i get to queensbay mall by taxi? and how much the fare to reach that place from penang airport? then where can find the cheapest hotel in penang??

#1 Posted: 18/3/2010 - 22:59

• Advertisement

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

Taxi direction?
    dont quite understand this.
    Anyway, its easy to get a taxi at the airport. Any taxi will take you to queensbay upon request. But taking taxi right at the airport exit can be quite expensive. Insist the driver to turn on the meters. Its approximately 10 kilometers to get to Queenbay.

Cheapest hotels will be at Georgetown. Plenty of them, guesthouse, inns, hotels both high ends and lower ends.

have a good time at Penang
    AA

#2 Posted: 19/3/2010 - 09:48

• jemmy

Joined Travelfish
    16th March, 2010

thank you for your information,,it will be very usefull for me,,but i am curious to know about the cost of taxi from penang international airport???

#3 Posted: 26/3/2010 - 22:49

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

It should be less than rm10.

Just act as if you are familiar with Penang. If he dont want to turn the meter on, there is another option you can do. Bargain. Its very common to bargain taxi fares here localy.

AA

#4 Posted: 28/3/2010 - 19:58

• coopsnpeps

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010

HI there,

When you arrive at the airport there is a taxi coupon booth for the airport taxis. They are differnt rates depending on where you want to go. From memory I think from the airport to Georgetown it was around 30MYR? We went to the beach area Batu F and it was 67MYR.

Or you can go outside the airport and bargain a cheaper one.
    '
    There is also a bus, probably several from the airport which I think is the "102" which goes to Georgetown and the beach area. Around 3MYR.

For cheap accomodation in a guesthouse try Lebuh Chulia which is in the China Town area. We had a family room for 30MYR.

Enjoy
    Bron
    coopsnpeps.blogspot.com

#5 Posted: 29/3/2010 - 04:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.