Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

River Dinner Cruises

• swimmingfish

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2006

Hi

Had anyone enjoyed a nice river dinner cruises in Bangkok, or any recommends?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 23/10/2006 - 23:04

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi swimmingfish,

Welcome to Travelfish!

Some of the best dinner cruises are organised by the big hotels on the Chao Phraya River, like theOriental and Shangrila -- they're not cheap though.

Another option is to organise one through a travel agent upon arrival.

Another, less expensive way to sample eating by the river is to try one of the sumptuous restaurants by the river, for example Suppatra River House is almost opposite the Grand Palace and is outstanding.

#2 Posted: 24/10/2006 - 13:04

• swimmingfish

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2006

Wow, the third one sounds great to me. Thanks Somtam

But one more question. what about the taste normally? I just read some notes in internet to say the cruises is not good...

#3 Posted: 24/10/2006 - 15:55

• neeners

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2006
    Total reviews: 4

I took the dinner cruise with Loy Nava (http://www.loynava.com/). I made the booking/reservation through their website.

The food was okay. I suppose it's good enough but not that memorable. The service and the ambiance of the ship was pretty great though. Very romantic.

They also provide free transfer services to and from your hostel/hotel (or at the BTS station, I think).

#4 Posted: 24/10/2006 - 19:12

• swimmingfish

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2006

Thank you neeners

#5 Posted: 25/10/2006 - 10:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Good & Cheap Chao Phraya River Cruise Dinner ... By kkswan on 5 Aug 2009 0 2556 5 Aug 2009
Mekong River Cruises ... By Annielay on 4 Aug 2014 4 578 21 Aug 2014
The Mekong Eyes River Cruiser - Mekong Rirver cruises ... By quannh on 27 Aug 2013 0 894 27 Aug 2013