Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok Red-Shirt Protest Round 2

• timelytrave-
    lingtravler

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2010

there's an upcoming red-shirt protest this weekend which some claim will be a highlight for them, so i wanted to set up this room for all of us who are traveling to Bangkok or Thailand to keep each other informed on the situation and how everything is.

Please help fill us in!

#1 Posted: 26/3/2010 - 03:59

• Advertisement

• Risha

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2010

The protests for this weekend, 26 + 27 March, have been Cancelled.

#2 Posted: 27/3/2010 - 11:57

• GOwin

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2010

I was in Bangkok last week for seven days. Except for the inconvenience brought about by the mass protest on the streets, I never felt it was unsafe to walk around even within protest areas.

The Bangkok tourism officials will always suggest that you detour around protest areas and there are a number of tourist attractions that has been closed because of the protest activities.

#3 Posted: 28/3/2010 - 18:43

• hamilove

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 4

http://www.todayonline.com/World/EDC100407-0000074/Red-Shirts-face-off-with-riot-police

Getting pretty dangerous? Grenades and Riot police... I am due there on the 11th of May, hoping its relatively calm when i arrive. Should i avoid area or continue with plans?

#4 Posted: 7/4/2010 - 06:05

• Parinya

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2010

Tourists will never be harmed by either yellow or red shirt protesters. I saw some tourists taking pictures in protest area. If you enter protest area, you will surely be warmly greeted.

Be careful only traffic. No worry about safety.

#5 Posted: 7/4/2010 - 17:21

• mic59

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2008
    Total reviews: 5

Last time I was in Thailand the major problem caused by the protesters was that they shut down the airport. I got out one day before that so this time I'm flying in and out of Phuket. I'll still have to go into Bangkok to get anywhere else but hopefully the train and bus stations won't be affected.

#6 Posted: 8/4/2010 - 07:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Bangkok shirt tailoring advice? ... By carelesswhisker on 15 Aug 2012 15 5899 23 Nov 2013