Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

KRABI CAR HIRE???

• paulascott

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2006

Hoping that someone can help sort this one out for me. We will get ferry from Phi Phi to Krabi and hope to hire a jeep & drive to Koh Lanta (2 car ferries). I have emailed a few car hire places that are on line, however, they say the jeep is not available during 16 to 20 Jan. Does anyone know if I should pursue car rental in advance of arriving so that it is all organised or hopefully organise one when we get there. I do not want to get ripped off. Maybe someone knows of some car companies that I could email - anyway due to high season - advice required please.
    Many thanks

#1 Posted: 24/10/2006 - 10:09

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Paula,

I'd lean towards leaving it till you get there. Ao Nang and Krabi towns are packed with travel agents, many of whom will be able to sort you out with car hire. Even in high season I doubt you'd have a problem.

Also, you'll most likely find the cost will be more affordable that way as well, as the bigger multinationals (Avis/Hertz etc) may have higher rental rates than "Somchai's Car and Motorcycle Rental, Laundry and Internet Cafe"

#2 Posted: 24/10/2006 - 12:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.