Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

3 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Your Thoughts?

Posted by bolabear on 30/3/2010 at 21:26

Hi all,

I'm just in the process of finalising my 3 week honeymoon in Thailand from the 24th May-16 June and I thought I'd see if anybody thinks I'm trying to fit too much in. It's my fiances first time in Thailand but I've backpacked around South East Asia quite extensively 4 years ago, so I wanted to organise a trip that would let her see a bit of everything while giving us time to relax too.

Anyway here's my itinerary:

May 24: Flight from London
May 25 - arrive Bangkok and transfer flight to Phuket
May 26 - Jun 1: Phi Phi
Jun 2: Phi Phi to Phuket then flight back to Bangkok
Jun 3 - 4: Bangkok
Jun 5 - 6: Kanchanaburi
Jun 7: Ayutthaya
Jun 8: Ayutthaya - Chiang Mai (overnight train)
Jun 9 - 11: Chiang Mai
Jun 12 - 14: Pai
Jun 15: Bangkok
Jun 16: Flight back to London

Am I trying to do too much? Between CM and Pai I'm considering flying with SGA Airways to save time and that vomit inducing bus trip up into the hills!

#1 bolabear has been a member since 19/10/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by bolabear on 14/4/2010 at 20:33

So nobody has any thoughts on my itineray whatsoever?!

#2 bolabear has been a member since 19/10/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by Tilapia on 15/4/2010 at 02:16

Okay ...

No idea what you are both interested in, but you're hitting a lot of the more/most popular spots (though they may not be too busy at that time of year.) Have you considered visiting a place that is less visited? Nan? Chiang Dao? Sangkhlaburi?

Otherwise, your trip looks fine. Though, Pai to Bangkok will be a long day.

You may want to leave some time open, and have some contingency plans/places in case the weather isn't particularly good in some of the areas, especially in the north.

Happy Trails.

#3 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,485
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by tezza on 15/4/2010 at 15:31

Aint worth going to Phi Phi fer one night. Stay at Phuket and do a Phi Phi daytrip which everyone and his brother offers.
Or re-arrange itinerary to do 2 nights on Phi Phi.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by MADMAC on 15/4/2010 at 16:02

Tezza
He's staying almost a week in Phi Phi

#5 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by bolabear on 15/4/2010 at 19:44

Thanks for the input guys, I am thinking about contigencies for the weather but fingers crossed it'll be fine. As its my fiances first time and our honeymoon I'd thought I'd take it easy on her and not go too far off the beaten track - she's not into trekking / roughing it unfortunately!

Tilapia: Do you think Pai to Bangkok will be more bearable time and comfort wise if we fly from Pai to CM with Nok Air/SGA and then a flight on to Bangkok from CM airport?

tezza: Sorry looks like you misread me, we'll be spending a week in Phi Phi from May 26th - June 2nd. I know a weeks quite a lot but I never saw too much difference in the islands the first time round, at least not enough to warrant the travel time island hopping when we're on a limited timescale.

#6 bolabear has been a member since 19/10/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by Tilapia on 15/4/2010 at 20:35

I may have spoken too soon as I had no idea on how you planned to get back to Bangkok. Flying would certainly save you time, but if you are going by bus or mini-van, I'd opt to go back to Chiangmai and then take a night train back to Bangkok.

#7 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,485
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by mjf33 on 4/5/2011 at 06:33

Bolabear -

I am doing a similar 3 week honeymoon trip to Thailand. Can you give me suggestions based on your trip? Anything you would or would not have done in hindsight?

Thanks

#8 mjf33 has been a member since 4/5/2011. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.