Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

3 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Your Thoughts?

• bolabear

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2009

Hi all,

I'm just in the process of finalising my 3 week honeymoon in Thailand from the 24th May-16 June and I thought I'd see if anybody thinks I'm trying to fit too much in. It's my fiances first time in Thailand but I've backpacked around South East Asia quite extensively 4 years ago, so I wanted to organise a trip that would let her see a bit of everything while giving us time to relax too.

Anyway here's my itinerary:

May 24: Flight from London
    May 25 - arrive Bangkok and transfer flight to Phuket
    May 26 - Jun 1: Phi Phi
    Jun 2: Phi Phi to Phuket then flight back to Bangkok
    Jun 3 - 4: Bangkok
    Jun 5 - 6: Kanchanaburi
    Jun 7: Ayutthaya
    Jun 8: Ayutthaya - Chiang Mai (overnight train)
    Jun 9 - 11: Chiang Mai
    Jun 12 - 14: Pai
    Jun 15: Bangkok
    Jun 16: Flight back to London

Am I trying to do too much? Between CM and Pai I'm considering flying with SGA Airways to save time and that vomit inducing bus trip up into the hills!

#1 Posted: 30/3/2010 - 21:26

• Advertisement

• bolabear

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2009

So nobody has any thoughts on my itineray whatsoever?!

#2 Posted: 14/4/2010 - 20:33

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Okay ...

No idea what you are both interested in, but you're hitting a lot of the more/most popular spots (though they may not be too busy at that time of year.) Have you considered visiting a place that is less visited? Nan? Chiang Dao? Sangkhlaburi?

Otherwise, your trip looks fine. Though, Pai to Bangkok will be a long day.

You may want to leave some time open, and have some contingency plans/places in case the weather isn't particularly good in some of the areas, especially in the north.

Happy Trails.

#3 Posted: 15/4/2010 - 02:16

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Aint worth going to Phi Phi fer one night. Stay at Phuket and do a Phi Phi daytrip which everyone and his brother offers.
    Or re-arrange itinerary to do 2 nights on Phi Phi.

#4 Posted: 15/4/2010 - 15:31

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Tezza
    He's staying almost a week in Phi Phi

#5 Posted: 15/4/2010 - 16:02

• bolabear

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2009

Thanks for the input guys, I am thinking about contigencies for the weather but fingers crossed it'll be fine. As its my fiances first time and our honeymoon I'd thought I'd take it easy on her and not go too far off the beaten track - she's not into trekking / roughing it unfortunately!

Tilapia: Do you think Pai to Bangkok will be more bearable time and comfort wise if we fly from Pai to CM with Nok Air/SGA and then a flight on to Bangkok from CM airport?

tezza: Sorry looks like you misread me, we'll be spending a week in Phi Phi from May 26th - June 2nd. I know a weeks quite a lot but I never saw too much difference in the islands the first time round, at least not enough to warrant the travel time island hopping when we're on a limited timescale.

#6 Posted: 15/4/2010 - 19:44

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I may have spoken too soon as I had no idea on how you planned to get back to Bangkok. Flying would certainly save you time, but if you are going by bus or mini-van, I'd opt to go back to Chiangmai and then take a night train back to Bangkok.

#7 Posted: 15/4/2010 - 20:35

• mjf33

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2011

Bolabear -

I am doing a similar 3 week honeymoon trip to Thailand. Can you give me suggestions based on your trip? Anything you would or would not have done in hindsight?

Thanks

#8 Posted: 4/5/2011 - 06:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thoughts on 2 week itinerary? ... By janzak on 29 Jan 2013 1 1028 29 Jan 2013
1 week in Thailand.. thoughts on itinerary? ... By Darrenincanada on 29 Aug 2012 10 3938 4 Sep 2012
8 week trip to Thailand/Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam in June-August...your thoughts and help please? ... By mrnice88 on 25 Apr 2010 5 4694 5 Jul 2010