Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Phangan New Years budget accomadation

• SanFrancisco

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2006

hello, I was wondering if I get to Ko Phangan around Dec.20th am I gonna have trouble getting a nice bungalow fairly near Had Rin? All the places I emailed seemed to be fully booked. Should I get there earlier because I am traveling around Thailand for 5 months so it won't be a problem. Any help will be greatful.Thanks!

#1 Posted: 24/10/2006 - 13:47

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi SanFrancisco,

Welcome to Travelfish!

Yes if you've got the time, get there earlier. While many places do take reservations (either online or via email) many others don't and rely on walk-ins only.

It's looking to be a cracker of a season, and I'm not at all surrised you're finding a lot of places are full already. The earlier you get there, the better your chances of getting something good near Haad Rin.

#2 Posted: 24/10/2006 - 14:42

• insearchofs-
    unrise

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2006

hey

if someone manages to come by any accomodations on Phangan or Samui for december 27th onwards PLEASE let me know. It;s my first time travelling alone and am panicked as i have not been able to find anything as of yet and my budget is even tighter than first expected!!!

Thanks and happy travels

#3 Posted: 25/10/2006 - 05:23

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Insearchofsunrise,

Bear in mind that many places on both islands do not take reservations online, so just because you can't find availability over the silly season through online booking websites doesn't mean the islands are full -- just be prepared to do a bit of walking around to find a room when you get there!

#4 Posted: 25/10/2006 - 05:55

• insearchofs-
    unrise

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2006

"silly season" hahha that gave me a laugh :-) sorry I guess I'm just having last minute jitters - I suppose

thanks for the vote of confidence though. I hope not to panic too much and book something way over my budget just to be safe.

cheers

#5 Posted: 25/10/2006 - 07:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
need cheap accomadation on koh phangan and koh tao ... By rockwilder on 7 Mar 2007 0 1076 7 Mar 2007