Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Phangan New Years budget accomadation

Posted by SanFrancisco on 24/10/2006 at 13:47

hello, I was wondering if I get to Ko Phangan around Dec.20th am I gonna have trouble getting a nice bungalow fairly near Had Rin? All the places I emailed seemed to be fully booked. Should I get there earlier because I am traveling around Thailand for 5 months so it won't be a problem. Any help will be greatful.Thanks!

#1 SanFrancisco has been a member since 24/10/2006. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/10/2006 at 14:42 admin

Hi SanFrancisco,

Welcome to Travelfish!

Yes if you've got the time, get there earlier. While many places do take reservations (either online or via email) many others don't and rely on walk-ins only.

It's looking to be a cracker of a season, and I'm not at all surrised you're finding a lot of places are full already. The earlier you get there, the better your chances of getting something good near Haad Rin.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by insearchofsunrise on 25/10/2006 at 05:23

hey

if someone manages to come by any accomodations on Phangan or Samui for december 27th onwards PLEASE let me know. It;s my first time travelling alone and am panicked as i have not been able to find anything as of yet and my budget is even tighter than first expected!!!

Thanks and happy travels

#3 insearchofsunrise has been a member since 21/8/2006. Posts: 20

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/10/2006 at 05:55 admin

Insearchofsunrise,

Bear in mind that many places on both islands do not take reservations online, so just because you can't find availability over the silly season through online booking websites doesn't mean the islands are full -- just be prepared to do a bit of walking around to find a room when you get there!

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by insearchofsunrise on 25/10/2006 at 07:02

"silly season" hahha that gave me a laugh :-) sorry I guess I'm just having last minute jitters - I suppose

thanks for the vote of confidence though. I hope not to panic too much and book something way over my budget just to be safe.

cheers

#5 insearchofsunrise has been a member since 21/8/2006. Posts: 20

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.