Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Best area to stay on Ko Phangan?

• Dee123

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2010

Hi guys,

I'm wondering what peoples recommendations are on where would be the nicest area to stay in Ko Phangan.

We are looking for somewhere with a really nice beach and also close to good nightlife.
    We will be attending the full moon party but don't necessarily want to stay in Haad Rin and would prefer somewhere just outside it.
    From the research I have done it seems Ban Tai beach might be the best location - but I am also reading mixed reports on this area so I am confused now...
    If you could recommend specific accommodation also I would appreciate it (nothing too basic but doesn't have to be too fancy either -maybe in the "flashpacker" range)

Thanks a mill

Dee

#1 Posted: 5/4/2010 - 06:05

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

#2 Posted: 5/4/2010 - 15:23

• Dee123

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2010

Thanks for the reply..I was looking at Harmony Beach resort there but it seems it is closed for renovations when we will be there in June:(. Can anybody recommend similar accomodation with a nice private beach etc..

I was also looking at staying in the Haad Yao area - I realise this is further from Full Moon Party but the beach there looks fantastic.
    Has anyone recommend somewhere to stay in this area?.

#3 Posted: 6/4/2010 - 01:57

• asthmaissexy

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2010
    Location Ireland

hey i went there last year 2009 and stayed in the dancing elephant, close enough to the full moon party but far enough away to get a peaceful sleep. manager of the place is called david he's french and really helpful. security is pretty good there aswell and he can answer any of your questions. it holds pre parties which consist of alot of UV paint. i think it was 600bht a night and there was a great restaurant next to it!! http://dancingelephanthaadrin.blogspot.com/ book before you get there! and book a ferry back!!

#4 Posted: 6/4/2010 - 04:48

• Dee123

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2010

Thanks for that but I would prefer to stay outside of Haad Rin if possible. Also am not really looking to stay in a hostel - something in the flashpacker range is more what we are looking for. But thanks alot for taking the time to respond:)

I would love to hear from others re my query above:).

Many thanks

Dee

#5 Posted: 6/4/2010 - 05:00

• humpdawg

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009

Check out Haad Yuan just around the corner. Great beach, 5 mins by boat to Haad Rin. Number of places to stay. Barcelona Resort being my personal favourite.

www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/southern_thailand/surat_thani/ko_pha_ngan_east_coast/all/737

Take a look.

#6 Posted: 6/4/2010 - 19:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.