Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Baan Panburi or Star Huts on TNP

• sistaka

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2010

Hi all,

Seeking your advice here. We will be arriving in TNP mid August and are looking for a beach bungalow.

We are a family of 4 and after speaking with both Baan Pan Buri and Star Huts they are able to offer us either an Ocean Wing Bungalow at Baan Pan Buri or a Triple Hut at Star Huts. (they can bring in an extra mattress for our 2nd child)

Does anyone have any experience of either of these places with a family, we'd really like to take the option that gets us as close to the beach as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help, keen to book something up as it seems really busy in August!

#1 Posted: 6/4/2010 - 15:03

• Advertisement

• yogakhaolak

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2010

I prefer Star Huts. It is run by a very nice Thai family. They have kids of their own that run around in the restaurant. Also, their large bungalows are directly on the beach. Baan Panburi's are set back a bit, but all at both places are on land at the beach. So easily accessible.

#2 Posted: 10/4/2010 - 10:10

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

Post above is very very odd. Both are right on the beach, side by side. No room is further than 30 yards from the sand in either resort.
    They are exactly the same. Star Huts are owned by the same owners of Baan Panburri - they were part of Baan Panburi but are now leased to the Star Huts. Generally speaking Baan Panburri seem to provide a better service and the rooms are supposed to be a little nicer - but also a little bit more expensive.
    I would say that the Ocean view which is more expensive is probably a waste of time. I'd get one set a little further back - no kidding about the 30 yards thing! The ocean view are pointless as every room is close to the beach anyway, you'll feel ripped off! Plus there is a bar rihgt in front of the ocean view and the restaurant in front of the other... They are however larger so may be the only option.
    I stayed in Baan Panburri last year, meant to stay for a few days but ended up staying two weeks. I don't think you'll care wheich you choose once you get there, they are more or less the same hotel. You'll love it, enjoy!!

#3 Posted: 17/4/2010 - 05:11

• sistaka

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2010

Hi

Thanks for your replies!

We're all booked for a bungalow at Star Huts, in the end it was down to availability for a family of 4 - can't wait!

Thanks guys!

#4 Posted: 17/4/2010 - 16:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Baan Panburi ... By melbournetraveller on 16 Sep 2010 3 901 16 Sep 2010
Baan Panburi Renovations?!!! ... By EmjayReet on 14 Sep 2006 2 1306 14 Sep 2006
Star Huts worth the price? ... By EmjayReet on 23 Aug 2007 0 1445 23 Aug 2007