Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

hotel airport transfer

• amylou

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2009

Hiya, I am arriving late in Bangkok airport and wondered if anyone could recommend a hotel that offers an airport pick up service. I have contacted a couple of hotels (rikka inn, shambra,diamond house) and they don't offer this service. I am looking for a mid-range, friendly hotel for my first two nights near the KSR. Thanks, Amy

#1 Posted: 7/4/2010 - 11:58

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Amy,

Is there a specific reason you are seeking an airport pick-up service? Is it over safety concerns or something else? The airport taxis available on the lower level offer a decent level of safety, since they have to check in with the dispatcher, and should cost well under 400 baht for a late-night trip to KSR, surcharge and tolls included.

Anyway, if you can't find something in the KSR area that offers the pick-up service you want, you could always choose one of the hotels near the airport for your first night, since many of them offer free pick up or drop off, then transfer to the KSR area by taxi in the morning. Just an idea anyway. Regards.

#2 Posted: 7/4/2010 - 12:08

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi if your arriving late you might be better to book the hotel you want near KSR, then catch a taxi. After clearing immigration and collecting yor bags ignore all the touts in the terminal itself. Grab some Baht from an ATM then head outside turn right on the footpath and walk to the public taxi stand. Including tolls probably around 400 Baht. hope that helps

#3 Posted: 7/4/2010 - 12:12

• amylou

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2009

Thanks Exacto and Swag, yes I wanted to book an airport transfer for convenience reasons really so I can get to my hotel quick as possible. I will no doubt be tired after a long flight and could see myself flapping around in arrivals! but from what you have said it sounds like it is pretty straight forward hopping into a taxi. Thanks for the advice.

#4 Posted: 7/4/2010 - 12:21

• boleslav

Joined Travelfish
    30th August, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

I can only confirm that it was not difficult to get a taxi form the airport to KSR area. be sure the taxi drops you off at the hotel, ours told us he can not drive there as it is one way street, which of course was not the truth, so we were left trying to find the Erawan house with all the luggage, but found helpful people who pointed the way

#5 Posted: 7/4/2010 - 21:45

• Tennouji

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2007
    Location Japan
    Total reviews: 20

You could also take the airport bus to KSR. I think it was 160 baht and leaves every 30 minutes or so. The service starts quite early and is until late.

If you just want to crash for the first night, why don't you stay in a place near the airport such as Thong Ta. They offer a free pick up and drop off and a single room booked online is 800. I stayed last month: the room was huge and there is a free breakfast. You could then get a free lift back to the airport in the morning and the airport bus to KSR.

#6 Posted: 31/8/2010 - 15:54

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Hi Amylou!

It is pretty straightforward to get a cab. I arrived after midnight. Fortunately before my trip I had read this blog:

http://knifetricks.blogspot.com/2007/06/how-do-i-take-taxi-from-bangkok-airport.html

When I exited the airport, as per the blogs instructions, I couldn't find the taxi desks as described. They were probably closed. There were several men offering rides on their vans but I didn't feel comfortable dealing with them because they were expensive and I figured they were trying to fill up the van with more passengers before leaving.

So I was wondering how to get out of the airport when I noticed 3 taxicabs waiting at the curb a bit further off. Two had gotten fares and were leaving.

There was a young couple negotiating with the driver of the last remaining taxi. I got a lucky break when I heard the guy say, "No way! That's too much!" and he walked away. I approached the driver and showed him a map with instructions in Thai to my hostel. He asked for 400 baht, I offered 200. We agreed on 300 baht. It was probably more than I should have had to pay but I figured it was better than waiting around for another cab.

I still remember the guy's wife sitting on their suitcase, her wistful gaze following me as I pulled away in the last taxicab. I hope they didn't have to wait too long.

So know the approximate taxi fare and bring a map with directions in Thai.

#7 Posted: 1/9/2010 - 14:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
SZB-KUL Airport Transfer ... By MichelleWright on 11 Nov 2010 1 4979 11 Nov 2010
Airport Transfer Time ... By pblackstock on 1 Jun 2010 0 1691 1 Jun 2010
Transfer at Bangkok Airport ... By lilymissfun on 19 Jun 2012 1 1753 20 Jun 2012
Airport transfer from LCCT K/L ... By ChrisM48 on 18 Sep 2011 1 1544 18 Sep 2011
Bangkok airport - transfer to train ... By maribsa on 31 May 2010 5 2313 3 Jun 2010
How much time for transfer in Bangkok Airport? ... By ejiana on 4 Jun 2006 2 2509 5 Jun 2006