Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Can I buy an Apple MacBook Pro charger on Koh Phangan?

• smash

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2009

I left mine in my bungalow on Koh Tao. If anyone knows if/where I can buy one, I'm stayin at Leela Beach.

Thanks... :o)

#1 Posted: 18/4/2010 - 17:15

• Advertisement

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

You could try getting one of the net......the Thai shop is baded in Singapore - they will probably deliver within a couple of days.....if they accept your address.

#2 Posted: 18/4/2010 - 21:54

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Have you tried phoning the guest house on Ko Tao to see if they found it? If so, it might be cheaper for you to go and fetch it yourself. If you're lucky, the GH might even be able to arrange for someone to bring it to Ko Phangan. Loads of tourists take the ferry from Ko Tao to Ko Phangan every day .... all you'd need to do is go to the pier to pick it up.

#3 Posted: 19/4/2010 - 00:43

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

Very good advice - I have frequently found that in these sort of circumstances honesty has prevailed.

#4 Posted: 19/4/2010 - 08:17

• smash

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2009

Thanks all.
    Silver Sands at Koh Tao were great - they put the charger on the ferry for me.
    Sarikantang at Leela on Phangan are also fantastic - the reception girl organised it all for me :o)

Cheers!!

#5 Posted: 19/4/2010 - 19:34

• kungltg

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2009
    Location United States

Perfect example of how a little bit of awesome customer service turns into great free marketing!

#6 Posted: 19/4/2010 - 23:30

• Chanty

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009

Can you buy a macbook charger cord in Chiang Mai or Koh Samui? I am pretty sure that mine is going to die soon. Do you guys recommend buying it in Thailand or just get it at home?

#7 Posted: 20/4/2010 - 00:20

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

Get it at home.

THere are some Mac shops here but mostly run by a company called "com seven" - if MAC were aware of how hopeless this bunch were I'm sure they would stop supplying them.

there are a few "independent" Mac dealers who are a little better but like all things in Thailand post sales service can be a nightmare - so get it at home ad at least then you will avoid any CS problems.

#8 Posted: 20/4/2010 - 06:47

• Chanty

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009

Thanks Khunwilko :)

#9 Posted: 22/4/2010 - 04:19

• Chanty

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009

Thanks Khunwilko :)

#10 Posted: 22/4/2010 - 04:21

• Advertisement

• BIGharry

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

My power adaptor died in Krabi & the best bet in the South of Thailand was the Apple store online (delivery to my door in 48 hours). Otherwise there's Apple stores in Bangkok, Phuket & Hat Yai.

#11 Posted: 17/6/2010 - 13:21

• nwilliams

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2010

Yes you can buy an Apple MacBook Pro charger on the Koh Phangan, only the thing is that you need to verify where does it get. There are also some MacBook Pro charger shops. There are also some of the dealers which would help you with the Apple MacBook pro charger.

#12 Posted: 17/6/2010 - 18:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.