Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Tao accommodations for family with young children

• chaimdan

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2007

Hi,

We're planning on spending 4 nights in Ko Tao beginning of July and we are looking for some accommodations.. 2 kids 1 and 4....

Last time a few years back we stayed at the Cabanas, and liked it! This time we are looking for something more peaceful, quiet, picturesque... we just want to relax... (a hammock would be a plus :-)

Seems like there are very few options at a decent price..

We would stay at Mango Bay, but having no Electric during the day would probably be a problem if they want to watch videos or anything like that...

Can anyone come up with any other ideas?

We bought the travelfish guide and loved the sound of the east coast beaches, they are just what we are looking for... but so far no luck on accommodations...

Everything is either upwards of $200 or very simple for backpackers..

Thanks in advane!!

#1 Posted: 19/4/2010 - 03:36

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I've always liked the look of Viewpoint - they have a range of bungalows over a big price range, Google their website.
    Having said that, I'm doing some research for an upcoming Tao trip and Coral View gets consistently good reviews.

The two places I've stayed before are maybe not so good for a family - gorgeous Ko Nangyuan Dive Resort has headed upmarket from my 2 previous stays and Silver Cliff is built on a steep hillside with no beach, just seaside rocks.

#2 Posted: 20/4/2010 - 19:36

• chaimdan

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2007

Thanks a lot Tezza...

Viewpoint seems lovely but their price is above my budget.. (they charge 8000 baht...)

Coral view seems more for the backpacker type, we're looking for something quieter and a little fancier...

Seems like each place has its shortcomings...

MY favorite is Haad Tien but prices are high $250 for resort w/o pool and noise...

Charm Churee is next but I read alot of reviews saying their rooms look very dated..

Sensi Paradise also comes recommended but not happy with location (I want a nice quiet beach, clean, picturesque...)

I guess the search continues... if you have any other ideas pls let me know.. Thanks

#3 Posted: 21/4/2010 - 16:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vietnam with young children ... By myrto on 24 Jul 2006 3 3767 6 Sep 2006
travelling with young children ... By myrto on 24 Jul 2006 2 3962 25 Jul 2006
Southern Laos with young children ... By StephanieM on 15 Sep 2009 13 5735 19 Sep 2009
Family of 5 (11,13,&14 yo) looking for accommodations ... By Newstarr on 22 Mar 2014 3 295 23 Mar 2014
Bangkok to Siem Reap overland with two young children ... By lolarosaliu on 19 Jan 2011 5 3375 22 Jan 2011
Hoi An hotel for family with 2 children ... By armstrly on 6 Jan 2009 2 1639 31 Jan 2009
searching for hotels in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City for family with 2 children ... By oncecalledfred on 9 Sep 2013 5 871 11 Sep 2013