• KirstyB

Click here to learn more about KirstyB
    Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 7
    Places visited:
    At least 197

It's a long time since I've been in or out of Don Muang airport so can anyone give me any information about the availability of long distance private taxi hire?

Should I just be able to turn up and negotiate one on the spot to go to Aranyaprathet?

(FYI the reason it's from the old airport is that's where we're dropping off a hire car and the reason not to take a bus from northern terminal or other cheaper ways is that there are 4 of us including my parents so comfort and speed is more important than price! Also even though I have spent time in Bangkok recently I want to avoid it with them. Eg I know that a private taxi from Kao San is quoted at 2,500-3,000 baht compared to 300 all the way to Siem Reap on the bus/mini bus but the criteria is different for this journey!).

Thanks 

#1 Posted: 4/5/2010 - 13:33

• Advertisement

• RotPickup

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2008
    Total reviews: 35

Yes; you will be able to hire a taxi straight to Aranyaprathet.
    But with 4 people you might get problems with your luggage; most taxis have very little space in the trunk as they run on gas and the tank is usually fitted back there. So try and get a van-taxi.
    For the price it should be somewhere around 3000Baht.

#2 Posted: 4/5/2010 - 22:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Private transportation between Muang Khoua and Tay Trang and then on to Dien Bien Phu ... By boschl on 20 Oct 2012 1 697 26 Oct 2012
Taxi from Bangkok BKK Suvarnabhumi to DMK Don Muang & Khao San Road ... By adammcintyre on 27 Feb 2014 35 1886 15 Apr 2014