Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

phuket to koh phangan

• TRENTA

Joined Travelfish
    24th August, 2006

on the 2nd of jan i leave phuket and want to get to koh phagnan that day. is it possible to do it in one day by bus and ferry? aslo is i want to see samui and koh tao is it ok just to be based on phagnan and just ferry it for day trips?

cheers

#1 Posted: 30/10/2006 - 14:11

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Trenta,

The last boat leaves Surat for Ko Pha Ngan at around 15:00 from memory, so if you leave Phuket early you should be able to manage that boat in a day.

I wouldn't do Samui or Ko Tao as day trips -- they're big islands and attractions in their own right -- if you have the time spend time on each

#2 Posted: 30/10/2006 - 17:12

• tex4s3w

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009

Hi there.

I really really want to go to the Full Moon Party at Ko Pang yang but the only flight left was a flight to Phuket which lands around midday in Phuket on the 31st December. Is there anyway that I can get to Ko Pang Yang on such a tight scedule from Phuket??

Please help.

If you could let me know asap that would be great
    Best regards
    Sophie x

#3 Posted: 20/12/2009 - 06:52

• SaraLouiseC-
    ampbell

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2009

Hi Sophie

I am also on a tight schedule and trying to get from Phuket to Koh Phangan for the FMP.

My flight lands at 23:35 on Dec 30th and my plan is to try to take the first ferry to Surat Thani and a fast boat from there to Koh Phangan. All my research says the transport from Phuket to Koh Phangan takes at least 8 hours/all day.

Good luck, let me know if you find anything better. All flights I could find were already sold out

s

#4 Posted: 22/12/2009 - 09:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.