Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

phuket to koh phangan

Posted by TRENTA on 30/10/2006 at 14:11

on the 2nd of jan i leave phuket and want to get to koh phagnan that day. is it possible to do it in one day by bus and ferry? aslo is i want to see samui and koh tao is it ok just to be based on phagnan and just ferry it for day trips?

cheers

#1 TRENTA has been a member since 24/8/2006. Posts: 11

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/10/2006 at 17:12 admin

Hi Trenta,

The last boat leaves Surat for Ko Pha Ngan at around 15:00 from memory, so if you leave Phuket early you should be able to manage that boat in a day.

I wouldn't do Samui or Ko Tao as day trips -- they're big islands and attractions in their own right -- if you have the time spend time on each

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by tex4s3w on 20/12/2009 at 06:52

Hi there.

I really really want to go to the Full Moon Party at Ko Pang yang but the only flight left was a flight to Phuket which lands around midday in Phuket on the 31st December. Is there anyway that I can get to Ko Pang Yang on such a tight scedule from Phuket??

Please help.

If you could let me know asap that would be great
Best regards
Sophie x

#3 tex4s3w has been a member since 20/12/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by SaraLouiseCampbell on 22/12/2009 at 09:43

Hi Sophie

I am also on a tight schedule and trying to get from Phuket to Koh Phangan for the FMP.

My flight lands at 23:35 on Dec 30th and my plan is to try to take the first ferry to Surat Thani and a fast boat from there to Koh Phangan. All my research says the transport from Phuket to Koh Phangan takes at least 8 hours/all day.

Good luck, let me know if you find anything better. All flights I could find were already sold out

s

#4 SaraLouiseCampbell has been a member since 14/12/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.