Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

anyone know krabi like the back of there hand?

• rozandwill

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2010

hi we fly into BKK on the 12th of june and weve got a cheepo air asia flight to krabi a few days later which were thinking about chilling for a bit, does anyone reccommend any good places to stay?? were over in SE asia for 3 months so we would maybe even look into an apartment rental somewhere for a month or 2weeks, can u do such a thing over there?? is anyone else in that area at the same btw??

p.s has anyone ever stayed in the rikka inn on khaosan road in BKK or the khaosan park???

#1 Posted: 9/5/2010 - 06:06

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You'll be able to rent an apartment in Krabi town or Ao Nang pretty easily -- but for just two weeks I'd be inclined to just take a guesthouse room and nego down the price.

Rikka Inn is pretty smart and the location, right on Khao San is on the money if you like to be in the heart of things.

#2 Posted: 9/5/2010 - 07:14

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I don't know Krabi like the back of my hand but ....
    The most spectacular part of Krabi is the Railay/Phra Nang area. Railay Beach Club has some nice bungalow houses in a wooded section behind West Railay beach - in high season these would be real expensive but I reckon you could probably cut a good deal in June.

One problem with Railay is access - only reached by boat so getting out to Ao Nang or Krabi town is a bit of a production. Very occasionally rough conditions in wet season may shut boats down for a short period.
    So 2 weeks in this idyllic location may be a bit of a stretch.

#3 Posted: 10/5/2010 - 20:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.