Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

anyone know krabi like the back of there hand?

Posted by rozandwill on 9/5/2010 at 06:06

hi we fly into BKK on the 12th of june and weve got a cheepo air asia flight to krabi a few days later which were thinking about chilling for a bit, does anyone reccommend any good places to stay?? were over in SE asia for 3 months so we would maybe even look into an apartment rental somewhere for a month or 2weeks, can u do such a thing over there?? is anyone else in that area at the same btw??

p.s has anyone ever stayed in the rikka inn on khaosan road in BKK or the khaosan park???

#1 rozandwill has been a member since 9/5/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/5/2010 at 07:14 admin

You'll be able to rent an apartment in Krabi town or Ao Nang pretty easily -- but for just two weeks I'd be inclined to just take a guesthouse room and nego down the price.

Rikka Inn is pretty smart and the location, right on Khao San is on the money if you like to be in the heart of things.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by tezza on 10/5/2010 at 20:04

I don't know Krabi like the back of my hand but ....
The most spectacular part of Krabi is the Railay/Phra Nang area. Railay Beach Club has some nice bungalow houses in a wooded section behind West Railay beach - in high season these would be real expensive but I reckon you could probably cut a good deal in June.

One problem with Railay is access - only reached by boat so getting out to Ao Nang or Krabi town is a bit of a production. Very occasionally rough conditions in wet season may shut boats down for a short period.
So 2 weeks in this idyllic location may be a bit of a stretch.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.