Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Stay in Bangkok or Change Flight

• mrobbo86

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2010

Hi all

Im due to arrive in Bangkok on Tuesday where I have booked two nights in Khao San Road . I had originally planned to stay in Bangkok for about 2weeks but am unsure what to do with the current situation! Can anyone tell me what Khao San Road is like at the moment and do you suggest I stay in Bangkok or get an immediate flight onwards as soon as I land!!

Thanks

Mark

#1 Posted: 15/5/2010 - 01:26

• Advertisement

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,

I'm currently in Bangkok, staying in Rambuttri road (close to KSR), and apart from a large number of police around KSR, and very few tourists in the area, there is nothing suggesting there is violence going on elsewhere. I wouldn't advice against staying here as things are right now. However, situations like these can change very rapidly. Also to take in consideration is that is very difficult getting around as a large portion of public transport is shut down.

Hope it helps..

#2 Posted: 15/5/2010 - 08:46

• bucharest

Joined Travelfish
    7th May, 2010

You may find this useful

http://newley.com/2010/05/16/map-of-bangkok-clashes-as-of-sat-may-15/

#3 Posted: 18/5/2010 - 15:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.