Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Great hotel to recommend in Phuket - Yanui Resort

• marcgold

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2009

Hi,

Despite the terrible violence in Bangkok Phuket is quite safe. I have stayed repeatedly at Yanui Resort - great place in the least touristy part of Phuket that I highly recommend.

I always stay at this lovely resort - it has everything you could ask for at a good price.Yanui Resort is a small hotel with surroundings that are very lush with beautiful trees and plants. The rooms are much bigger than most hotel rooms - more like an apartment - with A/C, cable TV, small kitchenette, fridge, most rooms have nice balconies, swimming pool and daily cleaners. Every room and the lovely restaurant has wireless internet access (no extra charge for this) which is very important to me.

The staff is friendly, competent and helpful. The restaurant has excellent Thai and European food (great steaks!) and there is a big screen TV in the restaurant which you can have turned off if you wish. The seafront at Rawai is only five minutes by motorbike. Nai Harn Beach is 10 minutes away by motorbike - one of the prettiest beaches I have ever seen. Patong is 30 minutes away by motorbike and there are plenty of restaurants and shops within 10 minutes of the resort.

They rent motorbikes and cars at a fair price. Pick up from the airport is also available. The Swiss manager is very helpful and his English is excellent. I come back here again and again for its quiet atmosphere and that home-away-from-home feeling.

#1 Posted: 15/5/2010 - 15:49

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hotel Resort & Spa in Krabi/Phuket ... By BaznChaz on 3 Dec 2007 1 1965 5 Dec 2007
family hotel resort in phuket ... By aussiepirate on 25 Dec 2009 3 1490 31 Dec 2009
Recommend for a Hotel in Sagion ... By Stuke50 on 27 Apr 2013 1 1116 27 Apr 2013