Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Malaria

Posted by michelleusher on 31/10/2006 at 19:39

Hi - bet you have had this one a million times before but here goes....Iam from UK heading to thailand - inc north and ko chang as well as laos. Reckon malaria meds will cost £50 here - is it ok to wait til i get to thailand and nip into boots/chemist in bangkok?
and the whole rabies thing - would you?

#1 michelleusher has been a member since 31/8/2006. Posts: 15

Posted by michelleusher on 31/10/2006 at 19:42

p.s iam a mozzie magnet

#2 michelleusher has been a member since 31/8/2006. Posts: 15

Posted by somtam2000 on 31/10/2006 at 21:46 admin

Hi Michelle,

While I'm no doctor, I'd say that despite your mazziemagnetness I'd suggest you'd be better served with a good supply of repellent, a mosquito net and sensible cloths (long, light coloured sleeves and pants in the evening) than you would be with a dose of malarials.

Nevertheless if you still want to get them, they're a good deal cheaper in Thailand than in the UK.

Rabies -- no I wouldn't bother -- just keep your distance from backpackers who are frothing at the mouth ;-)

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by michelleusher on 31/10/2006 at 22:19

good sound advise somtam - many thanks.

#4 michelleusher has been a member since 31/8/2006. Posts: 15

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.