Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

help with avoiding bangkok

• lolofosh0sh0

Joined Travelfish
    12th April, 2010

I fly into BKK June 23rd where i originally planned to spend a week in Bangkok before flying up to Chiang Mai. However with the recent protests i have decided that i would like to avoid bangkok all together and go somewhere else for that week. Any suggestions on places near Bangkok that i can goto? Or possibly good places to fly to for a week trip? We will be there for 2 months and are going to

Chiang Mai
    Ko Samui
    Ho Chi Minh traveling back to Bangkok and stopping by the Angkor ruins.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 27/5/2010 - 22:43

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

The show is over now Lolo. And while I would not rule out a return of difficulties down the road, I would rule it out for the next couple of months. Go to Bangkok.

#2 Posted: 28/5/2010 - 01:41

• AngelFish78

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2010
    Location Global Village

If you're sure you don't want to spend time in Bangkok, why not spend some more time in the south? If you're already going to Koh Samui anyway, you can easily visit the other islands, Koh Pha Ngan and Koh Tao. I can also highly recommend spending a few days in Khao Sok national park, near Surat Thani.
    But.. as MadMac already said, there is no reason to avoid Bangkok right now.

#3 Posted: 28/5/2010 - 03:17

• bakpakk

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2010
    Location Cameroon

I am in Bangkok now visiting and there is no need to avoid Bangkok. Everything is fine and back to normal.

#4 Posted: 28/5/2010 - 14:14

• Risha

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2010

Bangkok is back to normal. All is fine.

#5 Posted: 30/5/2010 - 21:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
BBK to Siem Reap, avoiding Bangkok ... By maribsa on 31 May 2010 3 2511 16 Sep 2010
From Cambodia to Malaysia, avoiding Bangkok ... By verden on 18 Apr 2010 5 1618 24 Apr 2010