Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

bkk to phuket by train

• mmaleki

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2010

will be arriving in bkk on the june 1 and was planning on taking the train down to phuket...considering the situation in bkk should we fly or is the train still safe?

#1 Posted: 28/5/2010 - 00:27

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Trains are safe enough but they don't go to Phuket anyway.

You have the choice of flying or going by bus.

If you can afford it, flying is quicker and easier because it's rather a long bus ride. All the budget airlines fly there.

If you're on a really tight budget then the bus is cheaper and you save on a night's accommodation.

#2 Posted: 28/5/2010 - 01:26

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,
    If you are maddly keen to take a train, you used to be able to get combined train & bus ticket to Phuket. I think the train stops at Surat Thani where a bus is waiting which finishes the journey to Phuket.

I got the ticket from inside the BKK train station, but I'm sure any travel agent could sort it out for a bit extra.

Mike

#3 Posted: 28/5/2010 - 15:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.