Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

bkk to phuket by train

Posted by mmaleki on 28/5/2010 at 00:27

will be arriving in bkk on the june 1 and was planning on taking the train down to phuket...considering the situation in bkk should we fly or is the train still safe?

#1 mmaleki has been a member since 2/5/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by SBE on 28/5/2010 at 01:26

Trains are safe enough but they don't go to Phuket anyway.

You have the choice of flying or going by bus.

If you can afford it, flying is quicker and easier because it's rather a long bus ride. All the budget airlines fly there.

If you're on a really tight budget then the bus is cheaper and you save on a night's accommodation.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,002
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by mikethediver on 28/5/2010 at 15:08

Hi,
If you are maddly keen to take a train, you used to be able to get combined train & bus ticket to Phuket. I think the train stops at Surat Thani where a bus is waiting which finishes the journey to Phuket.

I got the ticket from inside the BKK train station, but I'm sure any travel agent could sort it out for a bit extra.

Mike

#3 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.